Living in US

bsdpowa

Hi everyone.

I always wanted to live in US, Los Angeles but I don't know where to start.I hope someone can help me.

I'd like to know how hard is it to get a citizenship, how hard is it to start your own bussiness there, which part of LA is cheapest to live in and is it very expensive to live in US?

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It takes a long while to become a citizen but you can get a Green Card which will allow you to become a resident of the USA. Once you have that, you can open a business anywhere you would like. Keep in mind the United States is comprised of 50 individual states, all with their own constitution, laws, etc that regulate business. As a result, it can be easier in some states to start a business than in other states. A lot of it depends upon what you want to do.

California, especially Southern California is one of the most expensive places in the USA to live so it will take more money to get started there than say in one of the states in the Southeast.

yeah, los angeles is a very expenive place to live, i saw a 1900 square foot house on TV once, it wasnt even nice and it cost the people who bought it 1,000,000 dollars!

I would suggest moving to the Midwestern US, a state like Ohio, Wisconson, Michigan, Minnesota, or Illinois. There some big cities there like Chicago, Detroit , Minneapolis, and Millwaukee, and its a lot less expensive to live and to start businesses than it is in LA. The only thing you may, or may not like is cold winters with a lot of snow.

Yeah, LA is one of the most expensive places in the United States to live, and it also has a lot of problems. I used to live in California and was always thankful that I never lived in LA. There's things I like there, but even more that I don't like.

As for the Green Card, my Mom is from Austria and has one. If you would like to know more about getting that, let me know.

If you're going for a huge city, pass on Los Angeles... just because of cost. But really, any huge city is going to be expensive. You can open up a business in any decent mid-sized city and do just fine, depending on what your target demographic is.

I wish you the best of luck...

Thank you all for your replies.

The thing is that I don't have to go to US because I can live a decent life here but I would like to, it's a desire and I wouldn't go anywhere, only in Los Angeles and perhaps Miami.When I finish studying computer science, kind of serbian MIT, I'll focus on business and then I'll probably buy a house or apartment in LA.The thing is that I just love LA and MI, besides my country these two cities are the only ones in the world I would like to live in, they fascinate me.

I was wondering about green card and a citizenship so I can expand my business in US, one more reason to live there :D.That would make everything a lot easier.That's why I opened a topic here so I can hear more about living and costs in LA.

I'm 21 now and I hope I'll get there till I turn 30.

LBC!

EDIT: FromCityToRural, I can't send PMs, I get an error: You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board.Can you provide more information for me please about getting a green card?

Archived