Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beowulf

Greenville in Miniature

3 posts in this topic

In the photo of the day discussion, the topic of tilt-shift photography came up. This seemed to generate a good bit of interest, and it was suggested that we start a topic specifically for tilt-shift photos.

Tilt-shift images can either be made with a camera equipped with a tilt-shift lens, or the effect can be mimicked using a photo editor such as Photoshop. Strategic blurring and alteration of color and lighting cause the images to appear unreal, as if they are part of a model railroad or some other miniature model.

I'll get us started with these two images...

Here is a view of Court Street from the Church Street Bridge:

179086495_d916beb159.jpg

Here is the construction at McBee Station from the other side of the bridge:

178990069_2155a499bd.jpg

Anyone else want to give it a shot?

^ These are absolutely incredible Beowulf!!!! I haven't had time to try the last couple of days, but I'm planning on it.

The second photo makes me want to be a five year old again playing with my "bulldozers" (I was a kid in the days of Tonka and simple toys) :D

The first time I saw this technique was a photo done by Flickr photographer linkjpatrick. I don't think he posts here, but he has some excellent shots of Greenville. Patrick's tilt-shift photos of Reedy Falls and construction on River Place are excellent, and worth a view.