Radio in the Upstate

Anyone know what's going on with 96.7 (The buzzard). The station keeps saying format change coming on xmas day. And the former website now redirects to a new URL Shine 96.7

Something tells me I'm not going to like this format change. It's sounding/looking like another My 102.5, 98.9 Lite Rock. Or even worse another "upbeat" focused station - didn't we already have one of those that tried to play upbeat music that collapsed within a few months?

Where will I get my Iron Maiden/Judas Priest no annoying DJs in the morning fix ... :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about Iron Maiden/Judas Priest or any other heavy metal or annoying DJ's, but 93.3 the Planet sure as hell has been playing a lot of Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and other assorted classic crap lately. I knew something was up since there's already two classic crap stations in the area (96.7 Buzzard Crap and "Real Crap" 101.1). Why on earth would the only semi-true modern rock station in the upstate forsake it's genre and begin to play such crap unless one of the other two established classic crap stations were going to change formats?

At any rate, I've ranted enough...I'm finished with local radio in the Upstate. :angry:

Two things I'd like to see...

A 24/7 classical station. I like 90.1, but too much chatter and talk shows on there. I just want some nice music to listen to, that is safe to have on with my kids in the car!

A 24/7 news/talk station. Where you know that every 15 minutes or so you will get a weather report, and a traffic report in the morning/afternoon.

So I guess someone needs to just split 90.1 in to two different stations, and I will be very happy!

Two things I'd like to see...

A 24/7 classical station. I like 90.1, but too much chatter and talk shows on there. I just want some nice music to listen to, that is safe to have on with my kids in the car!

A 24/7 news/talk station. Where you know that every 15 minutes or so you will get a weather report, and a traffic report in the morning/afternoon.

So I guess someone needs to just split 90.1 in to two different stations, and I will be very happy!

I assume by news/talk you don't mean what can be found on 1330/910 AM WORD. Rather the intelligble news/radio shows of 90.1 :)

If so then you and I are in agreement - because I want the news/talk w/no classical

Email SCERN about it. Maybe the more interest they see in the upstate the more of a chance we have of finally getting what the other regions of the state have with it split already.

Archived