New Orleans Hornets owner speaks up

Cybear

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this subject interesting. I had heard/read where the OK City venture had not worked well but I don't know the details. Seems to be some issues there. I do think that NOLA offers issues/problems for any sports team.

But if one is not to look far, there is another city waiting in the wings and ready to go for another pro sport franchise. That is Kansas City. They just finished Sprint arena, sold all the boxes and searching hard for a NBA or NHL team. All they have now are a couple of KU games, concerts and it is the centerpiece of their DT entertainment district.

One group is waiting for the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins/new ownership to falter on their arena deal so they can move them to KC. Now it looks like the Penguins could stay and with no other NHL team to move and no expansion, my guess is some of these goups have to be talking to Shinn.....that is if they want him...

KC will have a new pro team in the near years to come....they are looking for the first team to falter in the NHL or NBA.

Archived