more news from mall at green hills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urban outfitters is great! This will be a great addition to nashville....will these two stores go in a new addition to the mall or fill space in the already built part?

I have no idea where they'll go--but I would guess that Urban Outfitters will take the place of the vacant Metropolitan Deluxe.

Expect Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie to join the roster.

After going to Urban Outfitters for the first time in NYC around 1996, I wondered how long it would take to see one open in Nashville. So I guess that's about ten years. They have some cool, overpriced stuff. Glad it's finally coming tho.

I just got back from Green Hills. The whole place has a lot of nice overpriced stuff. I saw the exact pair of jeans I bought last week at TJMaxx in Mt. Juliet for $12 selling for $80. And my two Joseph Abboud knits shirts were selling for $88 each, I paid $16.99 each...same stuff. I sometimes think high-priced goods aren't really for the rich as much as they are for the oblivious. Anybody know where I could snag some of that oblivion?

That's my po' man's take, anyway. Does TJMaxx sell Beemers? Rats, thought not. :)

I just got back from Green Hills. The whole place has a lot of nice overpriced stuff. I saw the exact pair of jeans I bought last week at TJMaxx in Mt. Juliet for $12 selling for $80. And my two Joseph Abboud knits shirts were selling for $88 each, I paid $16.99 each...same stuff. I sometimes think high-priced goods aren't really for the rich as much as they are for the oblivious. Anybody know where I could snag some of that oblivion?

That's my po' man's take, anyway. Does TJMaxx sell Beemers? Rats, thought not. :)

Oh, its so degrading to be caught at an outlet or discount store. How could you. You are going to ruin your families reputation once this gets out. :rofl:

Actually take it from a guy who worked in high end retail, what is found at places like TJMaxx and Stein mart are blemishes, overruns, in imperfect product. Granted, there is 50% mark up or more in textile goods at retail, but only first run merchandise is found at Green Hills stores.

A lot of what you see at discount stores are odd color batches. Most clothes are beck dyed, some are spray dyed, but if the beck has some impurities, the colors are color morphs and they are shipped to stores like TJMaxx and Stein Mart. So basically what you pay is a price for imperfect product.

• 3 weeks later...

The two stores just signed on. As for the new anchor store: your guess is as good as mine.

There is also good indication that two stores will join Whole Foods in the new Hills urban plaza: West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home.

West Elm seems like an excellent home furnishings store from their catalogues that I've received. It'd be interesting to see what they have to offer in a store.

I must modify my post: There's some confusion over where these two stores will go--either to the mall or to the new Hills project. We'll just wait and see.

Also, if you look at the renderings for the Hills center, you'll notice ample room for many stores. Clearly, one of the large spaces will house Whole Foods, but there's another large space at the opposite end. My guess is that we'll see a new department store announced in the next six months or so. Any guesses? I'd put my money on Nordstrom.

I must modify my post: There's some confusion over where these two stores will go--either to the mall or to the new Hills project. We'll just wait and see.

Also, if you look at the renderings for the Hills center, you'll notice ample room for many stores. Clearly, one of the large spaces will house Whole Foods, but there's another large space at the opposite end. My guess is that we'll see a new department store announced in the next six months or so. Any guesses? I'd put my money on Nordstrom.

Anthropologie is at Hills, not the mall, in the 2nd suite over from Hillsboro, next to the garage. The other large footprint is office I believe. There are many other small shops.

Anthropologie is at Hills, not the mall, in the 2nd suite over from Hillsboro, next to the garage. The other large footprint is office I believe. There are many other small shops.

Last site plan I saw, that was the case as well with Bread and Company taking one of the spaces adjacent to Anthropologie. Haven't talked with Susan in a couple months though.

I think they will. Once some of the projects in the gulch are finished and people move, there will be demand, and I think retailers will flock to the area.

Problem is they most likely will flock to The Gulch, and not the core itself. I hope i'm wrong, but that would be the most likely scenario IMO.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I have a very good source on this one. An associate in our Dallas office has a spouse who is an executive with Niemans. According to this associate, it's going to be announced in mere months... that NM and another top notch department store are going to MGH. As the rumors for so long have circulated around Nordstrom going to Cool Springs, I'd only guess that Bloomies will accompany NM at MGH.

Problem is they most likely will flock to The Gulch, and not the core itself. I hope i'm wrong, but that would be the most likely scenario IMO.

I'm sure some retail will go to all areas of downtown. Isn't the Gulch the area we want to see a lot of retail go to though? I've been under the impression that it's going to be the "hip" place to go to to shop.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I have a very good source on this one. An associate in our Dallas office has a spouse who is an executive with Niemans. According to this associate, it's going to be announced in mere months... that NM and another top notch department store are going to MGH. As the rumors for so long have circulated around Nordstrom going to Cool Springs, I'd only guess that Bloomies will accompany NM at MGH.

I've always felt that it was just a matter of time that an upscale retailer would locate in Green Hills Mall. I always felt that it would happen there first. I wonder who the second top tier department store would be. Green Hill Mall would suddenly catapult itself into a "destination" shopping center should two top tier department store suddenly locate there.

I'm sure some retail will go to all areas of downtown. Isn't the Gulch the area we want to see a lot of retail go to though? I've been under the impression that it's going to be the "hip" place to go to to shop.

Well hip in a local sense and "hip" in a chain store sense is two different animals. I would like to see a healthy mix (local and national) with amenities inside the actual core and in the fringe areas like the Gulch. That's opposed to the, "Everything has to go to the Gulch and SoBro..." idea.

Archived