more news from mall at green hills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am trying to go more for the NYC approach where you have small and large boutiques at the bases of high rises and people just stroll to and from each one. That would be harder to do if a railroad yaard seperates you from the main core itself. Where is that lightrail line at??? LOL!!!

I think I am trying to go more for the NYC approach where you have small and large boutiques at the bases of high rises and people just stroll to and from each one. That would be harder to do if a railroad yaard seperates you from the main core itself. Where is that lightrail line at??? LOL!!!

This is exactly what I hope to see downtown as well. I think this will work better, especially at first. Larger downtown stores could logically come later.

What is going into that large development one block away from GH Mall? Is it called Bradford Commons?

Hankster, the master plan for the mall calls for a hotel above the mall. It would be 100K square feet... I don't think they specified how many floors, but I don't think more than 7 or 8.

Oh. So did it move from downtown to Green Hills or vice versa?

Nope. It was announced back in the winter that it was going in that location downtown I believe. The paper has been over the windows for some time now.

What is going into that large development one block away from GH Mall? Is it called Bradford Commons?

Hankster, the master plan for the mall calls for a hotel above the mall. It would be 100K square feet... I don't think they specified how many floors, but I don't think more than 7 or 8.

The development going on Hillsboro is the HG Hill Lifestyle center. Thats the one with the tower crane.

Bradford Commons is behind the mall and behind Crestmoor about 2 maybe 3 blocks from the mall.

I think that the hotel midrise above the mall was shot down a few years ago--Hillsboro residents/business didn't like the idea. The parking lot between the mall and Kroger's, however, is where the additional department store is going--be it NM et al.

The first thing they need to do is make the Green Hills urban village more attractive...more sidewalks...street trees...and so on. The place looks like a dump filled with good stores. Are they ever going to put in sidewalks along Hillsboro Pike?

That was exactly what I heard about GH... that it was on the way up but parts of the area still look quite shabby. One thing that you see immediately is the overabundance of utility poles. Plus all the open parking lots on each side look pretty bad too. Still, it looks a lot better now than just a few years ago.

Archived