Are any cities in NWA becoming landlocked?

bigboyz05

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering since the area is sprawling very fast.

This was discussed in another thread a while back, but I'd say the main cities of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville have a long way to go before becoming landlocked. If you'd like to see just how much land each city has available you could use Maps24.com or GoogleEarth to pull up maps of Northwest Arkansas that shows city boundaries and land-use.

I think Bethel Heights will become land-locked pretty soon.

Although I think its going to be awhile before any cities in Northwest Arkansas are landlocked, I believe now is the time so start thinking about getting rid of some of these smaller towns and letting them annexed by the larger towns. To me it only makes since, lets take Tontitown for example. Tontitown uses Springdales water supply, springdales school system, springdales fire department etc....it doesn't make since to have the overhead of another city govenment when you don't need it. The smaller towns citizens would be better off if annexed and I think its time for the state, county or whoever to start looking at this as an option.

Archived