• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like B how it makes Norfolk seem like a dense city full of people.

Seem is the key word there, as there is not a single person in that photo. I agree about the density, but it does not show people what they normally would see of Norfolk, which is the skyline. That is why I chose C, beecause it not only shows the old Norfolk in the foreground, but also a lot of the skyline and the density, and it showcases two major projects with 4 tower cranes.

My only gripe with C is that the image seems a little less well-composed than the the shot from the same vantage point that I have set as my signature (which I believe is another one by vdogg). If that were one of the choices, I'd pick it in a heartbeat, but since it's not, it comes down to B (my own) and E for me.

My only gripe with C is that the image seems a little less well-composed than the the shot from the same vantage point that I have set as my signature (which I believe is another one by vdogg). If that were one of the choices, I'd pick it in a heartbeat, but since it's not, it comes down to B (my own) and E for me.

The problem with the skyline pans are that once they are in the small corner of the front page website, the buildings will be microscopic and you won't be able to see Norfolk that well. It will be all water and sky! haha...does that make sense? I think the pic on the front page can only be a square or a slight rectange...but not a wide pan.

The problem with the skyline pans are that once they are in the small corner of the front page website, the buildings will be microscopic and you won't be able to see Norfolk that well. It will be all water and sky! haha...does that make sense? I think the pic on the front page can only be a square or a slight rectange...but not a wide pan.

Ok, I should have brought that up. The front page photo will be limited in size to what is up there currently. Whatever photo is picked, once I pass it off to Neo it will be reduced and perhaps that should be taken into account.

Ok, I should have brought that up. The front page photo will be limited in size to what is up there currently. Whatever photo is picked, once I pass it off to Neo it will be reduced and perhaps that should be taken into account.

Good point. So for those that want the pano's with the entire skyline, be warned the buildings will be tiny, and the majority of the picture will be sky and water.

It sure does, and it shows a lot of our new construction going on, something the others don't convey as well.

I agree. I think C does a good job of showing the construction boom that is going on in Norfolk now. A is a great skyline shot so I think it's #2 for me. B is a beautiful pic, but as someone said before, there aren't any people! It makes Norfolk look more like Utica than the Upper West Side. D & E are excellent shots but I don't like what the shrinking did to them.

I am vote for E because it shows all of the new construction that is going on Downtown and to the right shows the shipbuilding industry that is so important to Norfolk's economy.

But each building on the skyline is smaller than my pinky fingernail! :lol:

What good is a picture if you can't tell what it is? E is 95% water and sky.

Archived