Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vdogg

Front Page Photo Poll

Front Page photo   40 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a photo below to go on Norfolks front page

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

A

Picture003.jpg

B

153247165_dce7253e99_b.jpg

C

174728754_baf979378c_b.jpg

D

P1010014.jpg

E

179195795_0949872bbf_b.jpg

These were the submitted photos. Since most everyone is out of town, including admin, i'm gonna leave this up for a few days to give everyone a chance to vote.

I like B how it makes Norfolk seem like a dense city full of people.

Im going to second that. It really has a big city feel to it.

Seem is the key word there, as there is not a single person in that photo. I agree about the density, but it does not show people what they normally would see of Norfolk, which is the skyline. That is why I chose C, beecause it not only shows the old Norfolk in the foreground, but also a lot of the skyline and the density, and it showcases two major projects with 4 tower cranes.

My only gripe with C is that the image seems a little less well-composed than the the shot from the same vantage point that I have set as my signature (which I believe is another one by vdogg). If that were one of the choices, I'd pick it in a heartbeat, but since it's not, it comes down to B (my own) and E for me.

My only gripe with C is that the image seems a little less well-composed than the the shot from the same vantage point that I have set as my signature (which I believe is another one by vdogg). If that were one of the choices, I'd pick it in a heartbeat, but since it's not, it comes down to B (my own) and E for me.

The problem with the skyline pans are that once they are in the small corner of the front page website, the buildings will be microscopic and you won't be able to see Norfolk that well. It will be all water and sky! haha...does that make sense? I think the pic on the front page can only be a square or a slight rectange...but not a wide pan.

The problem with the skyline pans are that once they are in the small corner of the front page website, the buildings will be microscopic and you won't be able to see Norfolk that well. It will be all water and sky! haha...does that make sense? I think the pic on the front page can only be a square or a slight rectange...but not a wide pan.

Ok, I should have brought that up. The front page photo will be limited in size to what is up there currently. Whatever photo is picked, once I pass it off to Neo it will be reduced and perhaps that should be taken into account.

Ok, I should have brought that up. The front page photo will be limited in size to what is up there currently. Whatever photo is picked, once I pass it off to Neo it will be reduced and perhaps that should be taken into account.

Good point. So for those that want the pano's with the entire skyline, be warned the buildings will be tiny, and the majority of the picture will be sky and water.

I resized the pictures to the size that they will be shown on the page:

A

Aresized.jpg

B

Bresized.jpg

C

Cresized.jpg

D

Dresized.jpg

E

Eresized.jpg

Okay I shot D, but my vote goes to B. Can't explain why, just like the pic. :thumbsup:

Okay I shot D, but my vote goes to B. Can't explain why, just like the pic. :thumbsup:

D was a close second for me....but we can only vote once. :(

I think D would make a great pano. From Dominion Tower all the way to Harbor Heights.

I picked C because it seems to say a lot about Norfolk as it relates to this forum.

I picked C because it seems to say a lot about Norfolk as it relates to this forum.

It sure does, and it shows a lot of our new construction going on, something the others don't convey as well.

It sure does, and it shows a lot of our new construction going on, something the others don't convey as well.

I agree. I think C does a good job of showing the construction boom that is going on in Norfolk now. A is a great skyline shot so I think it's #2 for me. B is a beautiful pic, but as someone said before, there aren't any people! It makes Norfolk look more like Utica than the Upper West Side. D & E are excellent shots but I don't like what the shrinking did to them.

C is probably the best. A and B aren't bad. D and E are terrible. (sorry)

:D

I am vote for E because it shows all of the new construction that is going on Downtown and to the right shows the shipbuilding industry that is so important to Norfolk's economy.

I am vote for E because it shows all of the new construction that is going on Downtown and to the right shows the shipbuilding industry that is so important to Norfolk's economy.

But each building on the skyline is smaller than my pinky fingernail! :lol:

What good is a picture if you can't tell what it is? E is 95% water and sky.

Maybe rotate the 3 top vote getters as you get the urge? Then replace with others as new construction evolves?

Vote up folks. I get out of class at 9 and when I do i'm closing the poll and submitting the pic with the highest votes. If you haven't weighed in yet take the opportunity to do so now.