az golf courses

colin

I'll start out by stating that I just hate golf. I think that although there are merits in the game itself, the land use required to play it is just unreasonable. I lived in a golf-oriented suburb in middle school and hated it. My parents didn't play golf, I didn't play golf, and I hated the fact that I couldn't ride my bike on all of those nice trails.

That being said:

County asks halt to golf courses

It seems that water usage concerns may drive new courses out of Tucson. FOUR!

What do others think? Golf fans?

Golf is a prize for AZ because of the amount of money it brings in from tourists paying the fees, staying in the hotels and eating at the overpriced resort restaurants. But is it worth it?

Phoenix is especially golf-reliant. I don't know that I've ever met a native Phoenician who didn't like playing golf. And many go out in the summer because it's cheaper! Hard-Core!

The fact that golf courses are water hogs is undeniable, but is its high place in AZ's spectrum of tourism enough to overshadow this problem?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll tell you Colin, at some point somethings going to have to go. There is only so much water out here. I don't think that it's going to start raining on a regular basis anytime soon either. Regardless of how popular golf is to the economy out here, enthusiasts picked the wrong damn place for it. Besides they have enough of them already. It's not like people would not be able to play golf. They just wont be able to play it on every street corner. Michigan has more golf courses per capita than any other state. Given the socio economic circumstances I grew up in, I know how to play it. I suck. but growing up in Michigan everyone plays golf. You've got about four months a year you can't play. In AZ it would be a golfers paradise, if it werent for that fact that....WE'RE IN A DESERT.

Seriously! Bobcats that's, kinda awsome, although i'd rather not have the fact that I was lunch as the cause of my death in my obituary. I would almost thing golf courses in Pima county would do better than here. Pima county seems a little more tempered than we are, and they definately get more rain.

Archived