The Sams Club Off Hwy 112 In Fayetteville

Hoggy Bear

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard much on the Fayetteville Sams Club. I know they are building the one in Bentonville but wasn't sure if they decided to stay in Bentonville or if there would be 2 Sams Clubs in the area.

Is there only one Sam's club in NWA, if so thats kind of odd seeing how Walmart is headqatered there. Even Springfield is in the process of building another Sams on the south side and planning another out by the airport Willard area. How many walmarts, supercenters..... are there in Benton Wash counties.

Yes, Wal-Mart is building off the site on 112 in Fayetteville. I don't know when construction is going to end, but it should be completed in a few years.

Bentonville is building a Sam's Club off 102 that will be completed by the end of the year, bringing NWA's count of Sam's Clubs to 2.

Slyder, NWA has:

4 Neighborhood Markets

2 Sam's Club (2 under construction, 1 that will close in Springdale)

6 Wal-Mart Supercenters, with (2 planned for the area Pea Ridge and Centerton), with another in Jane, MO, and one in Siloam Springs, bringing the total amount in the 2 county area to 10.

Sams is still planning on the 112 site.....for now. Right now, they are simply playing the waiting game while the appeals to their liquor permits are tied up in court. It is expected that could take another 1-1.5 years if all avenues of appeal are taken. I don't see any way that their permit will be denied by the courts at any level, but stranger things have happened in Arkansas. Expect to see Sam's break ground immediately after a definitive decision in the courts. BUT, rumor has it that you shouldnt' be a bit surprised if they mysteriously find a reason not to build at 112--and instead build at the 412/540 interchange where they have wanted their club all along. The 112 site was chosen simply because they knew Fayetteville would bend over backwards to help them get their liquor permits. Once the courts rule in their favor on the permits it will be very easy to transfer permit locations--and next time around Springdale will do anything to keep from losing them.

Sams is still planning on the 112 site.....for now. Right now, they are simply playing the waiting game while the appeals to their liquor permits are tied up in court. It is expected that could take another 1-1.5 years if all avenues of appeal are taken. I don't see any way that their permit will be denied by the courts at any level, but stranger things have happened in Arkansas. Expect to see Sam's break ground immediately after a definitive decision in the courts. BUT, rumor has it that you shouldnt' be a bit surprised if they mysteriously find a reason not to build at 112--and instead build at the 412/540 interchange where they have wanted their club all along. The 112 site was chosen simply because they knew Fayetteville would bend over backwards to help them get their liquor permits. Once the courts rule in their favor on the permits it will be very easy to transfer permit locations--and next time around Springdale will do anything to keep from losing them.

Thats real sh*tty! Let Fayetteville do what Springdale wouldn't do, then thank Springdale. We have all seen what a Sams Club looks like when maintained in Springdale. :sick:

Sams is going to get an extention on the building permit from the City of Fayetteville. It will be valid for another year (until Aug 07). So they are going to continue to fight and will probably end up winning this deal over the next few months. I hate having to drive to Springdale for Sams, but I would really hate if I had to deal w/ the traffic around 412/I-540 to get to Sams.

what other businesses are coming in at that area around 112 near the Landers Autopark or where the Sams Clubs is to be built?

Actually I haven't heard much details on anyone else moving over there just yet. I'm sure they're just waiting for all these appeals to be finished off and for construction starts before announcements start coming out.

• 2 months later...

Here is some good news. It looks like Sams may be getting closer to being started. According to the Health Department's plans, they have submitted for the gas station in front of the sams club. This should be the beginning of construction starting. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Here is a link incase you don't have it: Washington County Health Permits

• 2 months later...

Finally! They held a ground breaking ceremony at the site of the new Sam's Club in Fayetteville yesterday. It looks like the project will be finished by next Fall. This is great news for the city. I still don't know what the outcome is with the liquor store that may be located in the building.

Here is the article from the Times: Sam's in Fayetteville

Finally! They held a ground breaking ceremony at the site of the new Sam's Club in Fayetteville yesterday. It looks like the project will be finished by next Fall. This is great news for the city. I still don't know what the outcome is with the liquor store that may be located in the building.

Here is the article from the Times: Sam's in Fayetteville

I forgot to mention this yesterday. The liquor store is going to be in a separate building just to make more people happy. As far as I know it will be going through, although I'm not sure if it will be open at the same time Sam's will be open. Not sure if any of those lawsuits are still pending or not.

My interpretation of this Sam's Club is that it's going to have a seperate yet attached liquor store to it. The building would be attached to the Sam's Club building, but the only entrance would be from the outside. I'm not working on this project, I'll ask around though to see what's up.

I haven't heard any word on that. Obviously the one family that owns so many of NWA's liquor stores have been influencing the laws up here. I guess I'm a little surprised Wal-mart hasn't pushed this a little sooner. To be honest I don't think Harp's is too concerned about it. They sell alcohol where allowed but don't seem to worry enough to try to push the issue here in Washington County. Ironically is Wal-mart does start seeling beer and wine here it would in a way be breaking up a bit of a monopoly.

Archived