The Sams Club Off Hwy 112 In Fayetteville

Hoggy Bear

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Wal-mart at least sells beer in a number of places in Arkansas. Just not in NWA, Benton County is dry and Washington County just has some weird law that doesn't allow any alcohol in grocery stores. I think some Wal-marts in the state even sell some wine. Of course in some other states they can even sell hard liquor.

Yeah Wal-mart at least sells beer in a number of places in Arkansas. Just not in NWA, Benton County is dry and Washington County just has some weird law that doesn't allow any alcohol in grocery stores. I think some Wal-marts in the state even sell some wine. Of course in some other states they can even sell hard liquor.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, dirt moving has certainly started. Should be sometime this winter when we see the building start rising. There is also quite a bit going on just south of Sams in Springwoods. I saw a sign for a Orthopedic Institute that they have started construction on there. Looked like a two story building, so nothing too exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, can't believe I haven't been by this to see all the progress yet. Sounds like they've also reversed the decision to allow everyone to fight Sam's getting the liquor license. Probably a good thing they went ahead to build this because who knows how long all of this will go on.

Wow, can't believe I haven't been by this to see all the progress yet. Sounds like they've also reversed the decision to allow everyone to fight Sam's getting the liquor license. Probably a good thing they went ahead to build this because who knows how long all of this will go on.

One of my coworkers mentioned it. I just assumed it was news that was mentioned when I was on vacation or something. But if no one else has heard anything about it maybe she's wrong and just heard a rumor.

Actually the 112 Drive-In owners had planned to add a second screen, but they claim the city asked for more than they could afford. I'm not sure what that means, unless there's a property tax for movie screens. I do know the owners were pretty serious when they said the box office revenue is to pay for the films and the concession is to pay for the theatre. Poor concession revenue could close the theatre for good per the owners. So, it's possible that they decided to sell since maintaining the theatre is clearly hard work and isn't very profitable at all.

Yeah, theaters make minimal amounts off of ticket prices. Close to 90% of revenue comes from concession sales and some comes off of on screen advertising. That is why they charge so much for a bucket of popcorn. I think that it would be very hard to keep people from bringing their own food and drinks to the drive in. So that would cut down on concession sales as well. I still hope that we don't lose the drive in but it will probably happen eventually. :(

Archived