The Sams Club Off Hwy 112 In Fayetteville

Hoggy Bear

This seems like it would be a perfect location for an outdoor music venue. My understanding is that land cost for a desirable location is the major reason amp is still in the NWA Mall parking lot. I don't know if the owners of the 112 drive-in actually own that property but the proximity to 540 and the sheer size of that lot would seem like it would put it at the top of the list versus anything else I can think of in the Fay/Springdale area.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That certainly is a good idea. Like you said, that location would seem to be a good choice. It would be more interesting to that many more cars sitting on a lot next door. I don't have any problems with the Fayetteville Autopark, but seriously how many vehicles do you really need?

I am interested to see what other dealerships they bring in, if that is what they are going to do. We don't have a Jag or Range Rover dealer yet. I bet they would do very well here. I see hundreds drving around town everyday.

I would really like to see an old drive-in theatre in that location. More car dealerships lining 540 is all we need to help our metro become just any other metro in the country. Not many can boast a drive-in, but any of them can boast car dealerships. Let the Lexus and Jag dealerships find a location that's not as significant.

I would really like to see an old drive-in theatre in that location. More car dealerships lining 540 is all we need to help our metro become just any other metro in the country. Not many can boast a drive-in, but any of them can boast car dealerships. Let the Lexus and Jag dealerships find a location that's not as significant.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The liquor store already opened. I made a visit there yesterday myself. Big selection at a great value, definately. I can't see any nearby liquor stores being able to compete. At a glance some liquors were as much as $15 cheaper for a liter than at the smaller stores. They also, being sams, had two liter bottles and bulk beer available. Their wine selection was big enough, though I don't know much about wine. Those other stores are going to have to do something drastic.

P.S. One need not be a Sam's Club member to shop at the liquor store.

liquor stores have been gouging people around here for years, so I don't feel one bit sorry for them. I laughed once when someone asked me to sign a petition opposing Sam's. they are scared to death of competition from grocery/c-stores that the rest of the country has been accustomed to for years.

By all means lower prices for all!! Lets run the local merchants right out of town. It's the Wal-Mart way. *SARCASM* :lol:

Seriously, I don't understand all of the hostility towards all of the local liquor stores. This may come as a tremendous shock to some, but no small local merchants of any kind, anywhere can compete with Wal-Mart/Sam's when it comes to low prices. It doesn't matter how 'creative' they get, it's just not gonna happen. If price is your only concern, then Sams is the place for you no doubt--and there's nothing wrong with that. I have nothing against Sams, and I'm sure I will shop there--but I intend to keep supporting our local merchants, as well.

Now, I'm not trying to bash Sam's here--the Club is obviously a good thing for the Fayetteville tax base, and also a good thing for those Fayetteville consumers who shop there. This is not a debate for this thread, and certainly not one that I even want to attempt to get into, but just remember that everything comes at a cost--even those 'everyday low prices'.

By all means lower prices for all!! Lets run the local merchants right out of town. It's the Wal-Mart way. *SARCASM* :lol:

Seriously, I don't understand all of the hostility towards all of the local liquor stores. This may come as a tremendous shock to some, but no small local merchants of any kind, anywhere can compete with Wal-Mart/Sam's when it comes to low prices. It doesn't matter how 'creative' they get, it's just not gonna happen. If price is your only concern, then Sams is the place for you no doubt--and there's nothing wrong with that. I have nothing against Sams, and I'm sure I will shop there--but I intend to keep supporting our local merchants, as well.

Now, I'm not trying to bash Sam's here--the Club is obviously a good thing for the Fayetteville tax base, and also a good thing for those Fayetteville consumers who shop there. This is not a debate for this thread, and certainly not one that I even want to attempt to get into, but just remember that everything comes at a cost--even those 'everyday low prices'.

I'm not out to ruin local merchants by any means. Last I checked c-stores and grocery stores are often owned by locals and they offer lower prices in other parts of the state than we see here. The reason prices are so high in NWA is because there is zero competition from c-stores/grocery stores. It's not even about Sam's. It's about competition in general. I'm not going to stop shopping at the store nearest my house because they actually have reasonable prices. It's the places that try to charge $19.50 for a case of Bud that irriatate the heck out of me when you can buy a 30-pack in Missouri for $3-4 bucks less.

I have no hostility towards any store...well...for the most part any of my experiences have been satisfactory at most liquor or any other store. I also believe that one can compete in other areas aside from price. Perhaps a store that specialized in liqours and exotic liqours or something that gives people advice on mixing drinks, something like that. Sam's would probably never attempt such personal approaches...it's uneccessary.

i'm so glad that there is more competition between liquor stores around here. alcohol prices in nwa are exorbitant. period. i know that arkansas in all its wisdom taxes the hell out of alcohol sales in order to provide money for abused children and battered wives, but even compared to the rest of the state, the prices up here are much higher. anything that will bring down prices has my full support, even if it's wal-mart, which i typically don't support. i'll continue to patronize a few liquor stores just because of how close they are to my home, but i'll definitely stock up at sams. also, give us freakin' beer and wine in grocery stores. it boggles my mind that no grocery stores carry alcohol. it's embarrassing.

i'm so glad that there is more competition between liquor stores around here. alcohol prices in nwa are exorbitant. period. i know that arkansas in all its wisdom taxes the hell out of alcohol sales in order to provide money for abused children and battered wives, but even compared to the rest of the state, the prices up here are much higher. anything that will bring down prices has my full support, even if it's wal-mart, which i typically don't support. i'll continue to patronize a few liquor stores just because of how close they are to my home, but i'll definitely stock up at sams. also, give us freakin' beer and wine in grocery stores. it boggles my mind that no grocery stores carry alcohol. it's embarrassing.

Yeah I know of two reasons. I still think eventually Benton County is going to go wet and we'll see how that will effect Washington County liquor stores as well. Missouri is a bit of a drive just to get cheaper liquor. But if you could get it at Sam's, or even Benton County if you wanted something different.

Archived