The Sams Club Off Hwy 112 In Fayetteville

Hoggy Bear

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, dirt moving has certainly started. Should be sometime this winter when we see the building start rising. There is also quite a bit going on just south of Sams in Springwoods. I saw a sign for a Orthopedic Institute that they have started construction on there. Looked like a two story building, so nothing too exciting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I was not suggesting that I don't think Sam's should sell liquor. I just thought this forum was missing a perspective of larger purchases that may be driving the competing liquor stores actions.

Personally I think the Fayetteville Sam's will sell liquor and the market will adjust to the new competition. Retail liquor permits are a limited commodity in the county and city. If an existing retailer decides they are no longer profitable enough to continue business there are probably many other business people in the city that would be happy to put the license to good use.

I have never been to a Sam's that sold Liquor but is it really that much cheaper than everyone else? Is it only by bulk or can you just get say 1/2 gallon of something? The Sam's in Tulsa sells beer (only domestic 3.2% Oklahoma beer) but I don't remember it being alot less than stores in Arkansas.

Beer won't be that much cheaper because grocery stores already sell it at competitive prices. Sam's in LR used to sell it about 5-10% cheaper than liquor store prices and similar to grocery prices.

Thanks for the pics Colby.

Beer won't be that much cheaper because grocery stores already sell it at competitive prices. Sam's in LR used to sell it about 5-10% cheaper than liquor store prices and similar to grocery prices.

Where the real discount would come would be for liquor and wine, which groceries can't sell. Most of the competition in Washington Co is from small liquor stores with inflated prices. You can really save a bundle by buying single malt scotch or a fine wine at a place like that. Costco sells liquor in CA and I've been told it's a good 1/3 cheaper than liquor store prices.

I never shop Wal-Mart but I do like Sam's. Whether I get a deal or not I seem to convince myself I do.

I'm wondering if this same thing will be attempted in Little Rock. When the new Supercenter at Shackleford Crossing is completed the one at Chenal and Bowman will supposedly be torn down and a Neighborhood Market built in its place, allowing for a major expansion of the Sam's there. I would love it if this included a similar type of liquor store.

In fact, WM/Sam's has been looking for new niches to pump up revenue at existing locations. This is a pretty good way of doing it.

Yes, but different laws for differing states determine what kind of alcohol can be sold at what establishments. One fact is that certain states require that the beer sold in large grocery stores be of a lower alchol percentage.

Yeah, it is just domestic beers. You can't buy domestic in Liquor stores in OK, only in grocery/convienent type stores. Believe me, I bring my domestic keg for my kegerator back from Fayetteville to Tulsa when it is time to replace. :alc:

Archived