New skyline addition

doormanpoet

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://mitpress.typepad.com/mitpresslog/20...tdoor_muse.html

The original schedule called for the installation to be finished by January 2007, but it's moved to July 2007. Alicy Aycock is pretty popular with large works going to Kansas City and Miami at the same time.

Perhaps by next years July 4 celebration, the riverfront will have some nice new color.

Also, I can do without that ugly little building at waters edge in the rendering. What's up with that? :w00t:

I think the building in question is the 6 or so story building right on the river and next to Shelby Bridge. I think it is on the National Register of Historic places as well as the Shelby St. Bridge. I would bet that Dave, (being he is about to be on the National Register) :lol: has the full story on it.

I think the building in question is the 6 or so story building right on the river and next to Shelby Bridge. I think it is on the National Register of Historic places as well as the Shelby St. Bridge. I would bet that Dave, (being he is about to be on the National Register) :lol: has the full story on it.

No, no, not the Nashville Bridge Co. Building. He means that little building right on the river. Maybe that's the inspiration for the B-52's "lil' Love Shack." :rofl:

What I'm refering to is only one story tall and is literally at the level of the river. I've never noticed it before. It must be able to float and rise and fall with the river.

Oh yea, thats the Love Shack. :rofl: Just kidding Hank.

I am going to have to check it out when I am DT tomorrow for the fireworks. I know I have seen it but didn't pay attention. You should come up for the fireworks too. :)

• 4 months later...

I like it too. I think it'll look really interesting and lively especially when viewed from the new riverfront fountain at the end of Broadway. Once you put all these pieces of things together, the whole picture changes. I think we're in for good things. Looking at things as mere line items fails to have impact. The whole, on the other hand, will be something to behold.

Archived