Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doormanpoet

New skyline addition

15 posts in this topic

Has everyone forgot about the Addcock art piece going on the river? 100' x 100' ! Should that not be delivered soon? Does anyone have any information on this? Yes! Maybe a tower crane to hoist this bad boy?

They are really dragging their feet on this one for sure. I saw something about this a while back and think it is suppose to be finished by the end of the year.

I still think that thing is ugly but I will be open-minded and accept it.

Still looks like part of a roller coaster left over from Opryland! :rofl:

Still looks like part of a roller coaster left over from Opryland! :rofl:

Also, I can do without that ugly little building at waters edge in the rendering. What's up with that? :w00t:

Also, I can do without that ugly little building at waters edge in the rendering. What's up with that? :w00t:

I think the building in question is the 6 or so story building right on the river and next to Shelby Bridge. I think it is on the National Register of Historic places as well as the Shelby St. Bridge. I would bet that Dave, (being he is about to be on the National Register) :lol: has the full story on it.

I think the building in question is the 6 or so story building right on the river and next to Shelby Bridge. I think it is on the National Register of Historic places as well as the Shelby St. Bridge. I would bet that Dave, (being he is about to be on the National Register) :lol: has the full story on it.

No, no, not the Nashville Bridge Co. Building. He means that little building right on the river. Maybe that's the inspiration for the B-52's "lil' Love Shack." :rofl:

What I'm refering to is only one story tall and is literally at the level of the river. I've never noticed it before. It must be able to float and rise and fall with the river.

What I'm refering to is only one story tall and is literally at the level of the river. I've never noticed it before. It must be able to float and rise and fall with the river.

Oh yea, thats the Love Shack. :rofl: Just kidding Hank.

I am going to have to check it out when I am DT tomorrow for the fireworks. I know I have seen it but didn't pay attention. You should come up for the fireworks too. :)

I still think that thing is ugly but I will be open-minded and accept it.

I like it too. I think it'll look really interesting and lively especially when viewed from the new riverfront fountain at the end of Broadway. Once you put all these pieces of things together, the whole picture changes. I think we're in for good things. Looking at things as mere line items fails to have impact. The whole, on the other hand, will be something to behold.

I the building in question may be a boat shed at waters level. Not sure, though I have seen it many times.

yeah. that building that is all grey.. what is the purpose of that? what was the purpose of that building?