Which Automaker Do you Prefer?

monsoon

Which Automaker Do you Prefer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Automaker's Products Do you Prefer?

• General Motors
    • Toyota
    • DiamlerChrysler
    • Ford
    • Volkswagen
    • Honda
    • Nissan/Renault
    • I would not own any of them

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also love Jaguars which is a Ford product now.

here is my mom's 2006 XJ Super V8

-$92,000

-supercharged V8

-0 to 60 in 5 seconds

-400 horse power

-only 120 sold in U.S.

(competition- Mercedes S600 & BMW 760LI)

special features:

- Electrochromic self-dimming power-adjustable heated door mirrors

- Automatic Xenon headlamps with adjustable shut-off delay and power wash

- Rain-sensing windshield wipers

- Reverse park control

- Acoustic laminated glass

- One-touch power moonroof

- Premium softgrain leather front and rear seats with piping

- 16-way adjustable front seats with 3-stage heating

- Sirus satelite radio

- Six-way power-adjustable rear bench seat

- Four-zone climate control

- Manually adjustable side window sunblinds

- power-rear sunblind

- Rear multimedia entertainment system, featuring 6.5-in. monitors in the back of the front seat head restraints and DVD player

- Front park control

- Power-folding exterior mirrors

- Folding rear picnic trays, suitable for a laptop computer

- Burl Walnut interior trim with Peruvian boxwood inlays

- Luxurious lambswool rugs

- 320-watt Alpine

I like GM, way better quality than Ford and just as good as chrysler. I think their new warranty will help show people that they are actually good quality cars. My grandpas truck has about 200,000 miles on it and it still works really good, and he does a lot of heavy towing. But, being from the Flint, MI area, the birthplace of GM, im a little biased. One of the best things about GM is i get the employee discount on them, since my dad works for them.

The new Saturn Sky is awesome, and it gets like 35 mpg.bocche0059bk.jpg

The new 2007 Silverado is a good looking truck, too.

They sure haven't helped themselves in that regard. My Dad and I rented an XJ (that is, their big sedan) a few years ago on a trip to Texas (before we lived here). It had 800 miles on the clock when we picked it up and just over 1000 when we returned it. But, when we were bringing it back, literally about two or so miles from the rental company at the airport, the transmission went bye-bye - it only drove in third gear. On a $70k car, this is wholly unacceptable. Granted, the Jag's auto trans is license-built by another company, so perhaps it's not really Jag's fault, but it's really tarnished my outlook on Jags + is another reason I tend to shy away from new cars; that trans, with all its electronics, is bound to be a b!tch to fix, and expensive, too.

I like GM, way better quality than Ford and just as good as chrysler. I think their new warranty will help show people that they are actually good quality cars. My grandpas truck has about 200,000 miles on it and it still works really good, and he does a lot of heavy towing. But, being from the Flint, MI area, the birthplace of GM, im a little biased. One of the best things about GM is i get the employee discount on them, since my dad works for them.

The new Saturn Sky is awesome, and it gets like 35 mpg.bocche0059bk.jpg

The new 2007 Silverado is a good looking truck, too.

I am a VW/Audi man! Always have been, always will be. Are they the most reliable? Definitely not!! Are they good? Yes, pretty much. I've owned and still do, a lot of Audis over the past 20 years and certain things about them definitely suck, and other things are really well engineered. Excellent safety. I can personally attest to having survived a MAJOR impact in an Audi, and an old one at that. Incidents like this kinda support personal choices. :)

Quality?? Lexus/Toyota, no question. Honda/Acura ranks right up there too. Lexus and Acura have some style, Toyota and Honda are more average, thought I like the hybrids from either company.

Have never been an American car fan, though I'd love to have a classic muscle car.

I'll stick with my VWs and Audis for now as I have a very nice collection of tools....... :P For whatever reason, the history behind particularly Audi is appealing, and I find them to be a more "spirited" brand than other German cars. Mercedes, excellent, but bore me to death. (New 500series is sexy though!)

Archived