RFP for City's Ionia/Cherry Parking Lot

civitas

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So isn't this the lot Rockford was talking about building something on?

What about selling area 4? Isn't that where they want to build the movie theater? Just wish they'd get moving on that theater...especially the other night when my wife and I ate downtown, drove almost all the way home to Celebration and then wanted to get dessert DT, but didn't feel like driving back.

I had heard that this lot was supposed to be shopping with condos above...maybe I was wrong. Also, just a note, drove by the park just South of this last weekend and it was overtaken by weeds and looks like a slum. How quicly things can change.

I had heard that this lot was supposed to be shopping with condos above...maybe I was wrong. Also, just a note, drove by the park just South of this last weekend and it was overtaken by weeds and looks like a slum. How quicly things can change.

Was that park EVER nicely maintained? (other than the year it opened)? I think it's like that every Summer.

In today's mail I found an RFP for the "Redevelopment of the City's Ionia/Cherry Parking Lot.

Proposals are due at 5PM on August 25.

The site is 1.58 acres and the City is asking $4,000,000.

Here we go again.

Civitas, how far away do you live? Or did they hand-deliver it? Even 3rd class bulk rate doesn't take that long!

[playing post office]

Civitas, how far away do you live? Or did they hand-deliver it? Even 3rd class bulk rate doesn't take that long!

[playing post office]

I'm about 2 blocks from City Hall. :D

Apparently the letters were written before the booklets were ready.

So isn't this the lot Rockford was talking about building something on?

What about selling area 4? Isn't that where they want to build the movie theater? Just wish they'd get moving on that theater...especially the other night when my wife and I ate downtown, drove almost all the way home to Celebration and then wanted to get dessert DT, but didn't feel like driving back.

Nooooooo! Not Rockford!!!! The building will be beige or tan!!!!!

:w00t:

Archived