Puerto Rico

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes that is San Juan, but there are a few towns in Puerto Rico that are more developed and are starting to look just like San Juan. example Guaynabo City, and the town of Carolina. Carolina is where the international airport is at. alot of people dont even know that. but Carolina and Guaynabo are part of the Metro area.

Nice pics. Puerto Rico is more developed than I thought. Im guessing thats San Juan right?

yes San Juan has a heavy rail system it was innagurated a year ago, it only has 16 stations by now but it'll be expanded soon. and NO Puerto Rico's main industry is not tourism any more, the main industry in Puerto Rico is the pharmaceutical,

I will post more images of the rail system in the future, we called it the (TREN URBANO) or urban train

and look they have a metro card like the subway in New York,

30027831_6906eb3946_o.jpg

these are three of the stations.

27871373_a2ee489e38_o.jpg

31236227_d11c02ecb3_o.jpg

31236225_950ed9c7af_o.jpg

31236222_9fed59978a_o.jpg

31236224_539cb418da_o.jpg

31236223_32dd364404_o.jpg

16113114_caba178327_o.jpg

98761245_9ba9027b5d_o.jpg

So then San Juan has a heavy rail system? wow, that's outstanding. Is tourism Puerto Rico's main industry?

• 1 month later...

Nice pics. Puerto Rico is more developed than I thought. Im guessing thats San Juan right?

All of PR,not just the San Juan Greater Metropolitan Area is just like the US.Very developed,lotta people from the US don't know this but its true.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, don't get me started on the condition of some roads in Puerto Rico! You know what REALLY ticks me off? The metal plates they're using to patch holes on some bridges of Highway 22. It's a TOLL Highway! That money they charge is to maintain the entire highway in perfect condition. Not doing sloppy patch jobs like that. But as the saying goes: "Si votaste POPULAR, te lo tienes que CHUPAR". As for the light eail line to Caguas....they desperately need it. Has anyone been on Highway 52 (Luis A. Ferre) on rushhour? It's a parking lot. Unbelievable. The lightrail to Old San Juan will only reach just beyond the Capitol Building. It won't go into Old San Juan proper. I thinks it's because Old San Juan streets are so narrow, there wouldn't be enough space to make turns. Although there used to be trollys, the light rail to Old San Juan will probably have 2 to 4 cars. Perhaps a full underground system is the way to go.

An underground system for OLd San Juan is the best option but it would cost billions and the Government doesn't want to do it.They say its too expensive.Oye Dreamer,ven para aca,el area Oeste,te aseguro que esta PEOR que el este.Esto aca es lo mas olvidado que hay.Alla en Juncos tienen expreso,aqui ni eso.

Eso si hay que agradecer, que Juncos esta conectado con Humacao y Caguas por expresso.

Ahora con lo de los juegos del 2010 le van a meter mas dinero al area oeste, en especial a Mayaguez. Ya era hora que invirtieran en infraestructura alla! La verdad que si los tenian olvidado.

El area oeste es una joya, las playas, sus recursos naturales, historia y cultura etc. Pueden explotar muy bien el turismo, pero necesitan que el gobierno aporte (lo mas dificil).

Archived