The Lofts on Sheldon Street

DSchoon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone familar with the Lofts on Sheldon Street? I believe it's at 20 Sheldon SE across the street from the UICA.

I've been told there are 55 condos there, which was news to me. Does anyone know if that's true?

When I went to take a look at them last year, they were still rented as apartments.

Not very nice, quite small, windows too high up on the walls to make them seem

more spacious than they are. Not for me. (Really nice office person there that day,

though. Very welcoming.)

I've checked them out, and yes, they're nice. The lady I spoke with seemed very passionate and committed to the cause. I know that she arranges special deals with cable companies to provide that service very cheap for the tenants. She was working on getting wireless throughout the whole building (they just had it in community areas at that time).

Apartments vary greatly unit-to-unit. Some are very small, but you could luck out and snag a big corner unit. Same goes for amount of windows and the view. They're all priced the same, though. You have to pay for off-street parking, but I can't remember how much. One nice thing is that you are allowed to paint the walls.

They are rent controlled, but I think if you exceed the income level, you can still live there and pay a full market rate. Even at the subsidized level, I think a one bedroom still ran almost $600 plus some utilities. For that money you could get a stunning 1 bedroom in Heritage Hill.

I looked at them a couple years ago, and like Mejane said, while everything is really nice, it just wasn't for me.

Archived