Fireworks in Louisiana

dimebag1980

Well, seeing TBurban mention his fireworks, I got to thinking... I hope everyone stays safe if they do set of fireworks anywhere in Louisiana this week.

Even up here in SBC, where our drought situation is bad but not as bad as it is in south Louisiana, we've already had a couple of fireworks-related fires in Bossier City:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60703003

I doubt anyone here lacks the common sense to treat this drought as seriously as possible, but I just wanted to post this article as a reminder.

Whatever you guys do, have fun but be safe! :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turns out we will be having some fireworks shows in New Orleans after all! :yahoo:

There will be a fireworks show over the Mississippi River, and a few others in the area. If I can, I'll definately head down to the show on the River and get some photos. :thumbsup:

It turns out we will be having some fireworks shows in New Orleans after all! :yahoo:

There will be a fireworks show over the Mississippi River, and a few others in the area. If I can, I'll definately head down to the show on the River and get some photos. :thumbsup:

Wow, awesome!!! I hope to see some good photos.

I'm going to try, but no promises...

I have no experience with taking pictures of fireworks to be honest with you. My camera has a "fireworks" theme setting, but I don't know it if would come out that well on an automatic setting.

I have no experience with taking pictures of fireworks to be honest with you. My camera has a "fireworks" theme setting, but I don't know it if would come out that well on an automatic setting.

Same here. Last July 4th when I tried, none of my photos turned out. They actually looked good on the small screen, but once I downloaded them I realized they all sucked!!

Here's a link my wife found for me... I haven't reviewed it yet but I plan to later this evening..

http://cameras.about.com/od/cameratips/a/fireworks.htm

BR has always had a big July 4th Party downtown along the river. The fireworks display is always nice. It is very difficult to get good fireworks shots. I've tried in years past with a film camera, but with little luck. I'll try this year with my DSLR and see if I have better luck.

BR has always had a big July 4th Party downtown along the river. The fireworks display is always nice. It is very difficult to get good fireworks shots. I've tried in years past with a film camera, but with little luck. I'll try this year with my DSLR and see if I have better luck.

Hey, you and me both!! :)

What kind of DSLR did you get? I bought a Canon Digital Rebel XT last night and am planning on trying with it tomorrow!

Ahh, hold off your DSLR conversations until sometime around Thanksgiving, I'll be able to join in then! ;)

Well, Nate, we'll talk about it now and then you can bring it back up then. I know I'll never get tired of discussing my 8 megapixel Canon Digital Rebel XT with external flash and added zoom lens. :D

Well, what do you know? Things may not be as bad in New Orleans this 4th of July after all. :D

New Orleans' "Top Five" July 4 Fireworks Promises To Be Even Better in 2006

The "dueling fireworks," show that ranks in the Top 5 in the nation, year after year, promises to be even bigger and better this year.

http://www.go4thontheriver.com/

FIRE1.jpg

FIRE8.jpg

FIRE7.jpg

Of course, a parade! :D

FIRE3.jpg

FIRE6.jpg

FIRE4.jpg

Well, what do you know? Things may not be as bad in New Orleans this 4th of July after all. :D

New Orleans' "Top Five" July 4 Fireworks Promises To Be Even Better in 2006

The "dueling fireworks," show that ranks in the Top 5 in the nation, year after year, promises to be even bigger and better this year.

Of course, a parade! :D

FIRE3.jpg

Awesome!! Let's hope they're right...

And of course a parade! It just wouldn't be New Orleans without a parade, would it?

I don't know if anyone else sees this, but seeing this parade photo (see below,) it appears like Disney to me... colorful place with the Magic Kingdom in the background. ;)

FIRE6.jpg

I don't know if anyone else sees this, but seeing this parade photo (see below,) it appears like Disney to me... colorful place with the Magic Kingdom in the background. wink.gif

FIRE6.jpg

I had never really compared the Saint Louis Cathedral to Magig Kingdom, but GRDadof3 had mentioned it to me after I posted one of my photos awhile back, and I can sort of see what you guys are talking about.

BTW Tommy, if I go, I'll try my best! :thumbsup:

I had never really compared the Saint Louis Cathedral to Magig Kingdom, but GRDadof3 had mentioned it to me after I posted one of my photos awhile back, and I can sort of see what you guys are talking about.

BTW Tommy, if I go, I'll try my best! :thumbsup:

You should go, have a good time. but if you do, no pressure on getting shots, enjoy the show. i was watching Chicagos for a while here on CNN. That one was pretty nice as well.

I wish I had known that was on, I would've liked to check it out. :thumbsup:

You might still catch it! East Coast Time! But Im not sure how the news channels work if theyre live here and there. Anywho, Im sure ya'lls show will definitely be something to brag about when you return ;)

You might still catch it! East Coast Time! But Im not sure how the news channels work if theyre live here and there. Anywho, Im sure ya'lls show will definitely be something to brag about when you return ;)

I have a feeling that will be the case. I sure hope so! :thumbsup:

And I have a feeling Richmond puts on some great shows too.

I have a feeling that will be the case. I sure hope so! :thumbsup:

And I have a feeling Richmond puts on some great shows too.

We put on 3 major ones. Theres one at Richmond international Raceway which will be packed with drunks and racefans. Theres one at The Diamond, home of the Richmond Braves Baseball Team which was sold out a while ago, and the last one is at Byrd Park, which will be packed as usual each year. So the city will be literally surrounded with fireworks displays. This is an older picture, they havent done fireworks directly over the river in a long time, but this is what it looked like :thumbsup:

RichmondFireworks.jpg

We put on 3 major ones. Theres one at Richmond international Raceway which will be packed with drunks and racefans. Theres one at The Diamond, home of the Richmond Braves Baseball Team which was sold out a while ago, and the last one is at Byrd Park, which will be packed as usual each year. So the city will be literally surrounded with fireworks displays. This is an older picture, they havent done fireworks directly over the river in a long time, but this is what it looked like :thumbsup:

RichmondFireworks.jpg

Dude, that's impressive!!

Awesome.

Archived