Rutherford County Projects

Justiceham

In Smyrna off of Rock Springs Rd the Woodmont subdivision has section one complete and houses going up and section two will be completed this fall. This development will have over 550 single family homes and possibly as many as 200 townhomes.

Nice info, pturbo. Smyrna is really becoming dense these days.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Woodmont subdivision, the guy who owned the property planned to subdivide it and build larger family homes with larger lots that were affordable on a median income. However, he died and the kids, I guess, got greedy. Now that will be one of the most expensive areas of Smyrna with some pretty small lots (>.25 acres). But the homes will still be large, and expensive, so that's good for the overall Smyrna economy.

I noticed last year that when the Commons project with the Target store in Smyrna was announced, they stated that a Malco theatre would be built there. Now...we haven't heard any new info on the Target project, and the new Malco is being built next to the Lowe's instead of the Target area. Is anyone thinking maybe the Commons project is dead in the water?

I noticed last year that when the Commons project with the Target store in Smyrna was announced, they stated that a Malco theatre would be built there. Now...we haven't heard any new info on the Target project, and the new Malco is being built next to the Lowe's instead of the Target area. Is anyone thinking maybe the Commons project is dead in the water?

I sure hope not, the roads are already adequate, the land is as flat and easy to develop. I never quite understood why developments like these are put off while the weather is mild.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that Team Chevrolet in Smyrna is refurbishing their location on Lowery Street. I was under the impression that they were gonna build a brand new lot behind what is now Hickory Falls. They even named the street from Sam Ridley to Hickory Falls "Team Blvd". Anyone know if Team Chevy is still gonna build there?

I always wondered why that street was called "Team Boulevard." I've never heard anything about Team Chevrolet moving there, and I certainly don't expect them to now.

Everything I've ever seen regarding the developement of that property has revolved around the Target, Movie Theater, retail, and maybe a bowling alley. I think a car dealership would be a bad idea. The old Team location was a dump, and car lots don't exactly "spruce up the neighboorhood."

What are the rumors of the two huge developments around the Joe Jackson connector? There was an article in the NBJ several weeks ago, but very little detail.

The rumors are true. The two developments named are Interstate Warehousing Inc., a 162,000 sq. ft. refrigerated distribution center (almost complete), and Panattoni Development, a 150-acre industrial park near the interchange. "Their plans call for 2.25 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space" (NBJ 1). Near these sites are planned residential and another retail development to be located off Manchester Highway. Two anchors and a grocer have yet to be named. Joe B. Jackson parkway will eventually be connected to the new Murfreesboro bypass (southwest loop).

• 2 months later...

Smyrna announced today for plans for an over 500,000 sq. ft. retail and office development. The tenants so far are a Super Target, Old Navy, Kohl's, and Staples. Developers from Memphis and Brentwood are also developing Bella Place, another retail center to be located on Sam Ridley. No news yet on the huge Smyrna Commons development to be located on 86 acres on Nissan Drive.

Smyrna announced today for plans for an over 500,000 sq. ft. retail and office development. The tenants so far are a Super Target, Chik Fil-A, Old Navy, Kohl's, and Staples. Developers from Memphis and Brentwood are also developing Bella Place, another retail center to be located on Sam Ridley. No news yet on the huge Smyrna Commons development to be located on 86 acres on Nissan Drive.

Which one of these developments is the one being built across from Nissan?

Oh...and I thought the Chik-fil-a was going next to the theatre by Lowe's. Is this a different one, or is it not going by the new theatre anymore?

Which one of these developments is the one being built across from Nissan?

Oh...and I thought the Chik-fil-a was going next to the theatre by Lowe's. Is this a different one, or is it not going by the new theatre anymore?

Smyrna commons is being built across from Nissan and my mistake, the Chick Fil-A is going next to Lowe's.

The Malco theaters is being built near the Lowe's site. The movie theater going in at the Target location is going to be a Roxy theater. Here are links to the articles.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0312/1375/DITLO

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0304/1375/DITLO

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../604280326/1002

This is something you see in saturated markets such as Nashville, but to place two movie theaters less than a mile apart? Smyrna has desperately needed a movie theater for some time, though. I think the Smyrna Commons site will more than likely receive a movie theater as well. Smyrna and Murfreesboro will only continue to lure people away from Hickory Hollow if nothing is done about its crime.

From what I've heard, the clientele for Hickory Hollow has gone decidedly downmarket. This has happened in Atlanta too. Where you've had violence doesn't help either. Makes me wonder how long Rivergate will be able to ward off the competition in Hendersonville too.

From what I've heard, the clientele for Hickory Hollow has gone decidedly downmarket. This has happened in Atlanta too. Where you've had violence doesn't help either. Makes me wonder how long Rivergate will be able to ward off the competition in Hendersonville too.

I think Rivergate and Hickory Hollow are in trouble.....They were in trouble years ago. They are already loosing the battle.....it is probably just a matter of time.

I'm glad to hear the Target is back on. I don't know about 2 movie theater's, but it sounds like they are reaching out to different clientel. And lets not forget, most folks in La Vergne shop in Smyrna, so all of this retail is really targets at about 60,000 residents in the smyrna/la vergne area.

MidTN DEFINITELY needs more chick-fil-a's. They are everywhere around Atlanta, and they are good! I'm glad we are getting one.

I don't know how much trouble HHM is in. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and there was a lot of traffic around Bell road, and a lot of people in the mall. I think Steve and Barry's is a huge success. I think the true loser will be the city of La Vergne. Retail is already established on Bell road, and new retail will be built in Smyrna. Part of the redevlopement of Waldron was with the hope of adding retail, but I don't know if that would work at this point.

I'm glad to hear the Target is back on. I don't know about 2 movie theater's, but it sounds like they are reaching out to different clientel. And lets not forget, most folks in La Vergne shop in Smyrna, so all of this retail is really targets at about 60,000 residents in the smyrna/la vergne area.

MidTN DEFINITELY needs more chick-fil-a's. They are everywhere around Atlanta, and they are good! I'm glad we are getting one.

I don't know how much trouble HHM is in. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and there was a lot of traffic around Bell road, and a lot of people in the mall. I think Steve and Barry's is a huge success. I think the true loser will be the city of La Vergne. Retail is already established on Bell road, and new retail will be built in Smyrna. Part of the redevlopement of Waldron was with the hope of adding retail, but I don't know if that would work at this point.

Chick-fil-A's was founded in Atlanta....that explains why they have so many locations. Atlanta remains their headquarters. The founders are southern baptist.....that's why it's closed on Sunday.

Steve and Barry's is a national store that started at Penn. It has moved on to be a national retailer.... Alabama has 3 stores as do most states surrounding Tennessee...with the exception of Mississippi with 0 stores.

I think Hickory Hollow mall is still quite busy. The problem is not the quantity of customers, it's the quality of customers. I certainly wouldn't set foot there, especially after dark.

It's a shame, really. I went to high school right down the street from the mall there, and we would hang out there all the time. I also had two summer jobs there. And that was only about 10 years ago. It went down fast, though.

yeah, I understand why Atlanta has so many CFA's; I'm just saying we need more. And I've always respected the fact that they close on Sunday. I like to go out to lunch after church, and they are losing out on my possible business, but they have put their beliefs above the almighty dollar, which is more credit than I can give to most every other major corporation.

I don't think there are any Steve and Barry's in Georgia?

Archived