Rutherford County Projects

Justiceham

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke to a MTSU recreation center rep and he told me construction will start this winter on the expansion of the rec center. It will include doubling the size of the cardio, adding additional weight room space, new faculty offices, a drive through pharmacy, and a massage therapy clinic, as well as a snack bar. I will work on the plans for it soon as well as other projects. The students also get to vote on a proposed student union center which will include office space, group space, cafeteria, full service (chain restaurant), laundromat, and parking garage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, this is a great thread. A suggestion would be having this pinned at the top or start a new thread with renderings of all the projects going on in the Boro. I wish I had time to help you but the Nashville thread took forever to put together along with the development map. As a matter of fact is still a work in progress. I would love to see renderings of the new hotel and the hospital along with all that is happening in the Gateway

I don

• 1 month later...

It looks like Smyrna is at it again. I was riding the bus on Almaville Road and noticed a sign up for Alamville Plaza, a development by Gateway Properties. It will be a 20,000 ft. retail development with outparcels as well. Here is a link to a what it will look like. Just scrool down and click on the pic to the right.

http://www.gatewaypropertiestn.com/Listings.cfm

Smyrna Commons, Sam Ridley, and now this. I'm hoping atleast one of these developments contains a T.J. Maxx or Marshall's for North Rutherford County. Construction is well underway for Smyrna Commons and the Sam Ridley Projects and I will be posting pics as they come along.

• 1 month later...

Hey I just saw on the DNJ website that Olive Garden has also been confirmed for the Stones River Mall area (actually I think they're calling it The Shoppes at Stones River, but whatever.) They also mention a store called Forever 21 is going in but I can tell by the name it won't effect me. As for Olive Garden, personally I would rather eat Demo's, but still cool to have another option.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Market Place is open on the Square offering nice home furnishings and art pieces from local artists as well as imported pieces you cannot get anywhere else in Murfreesboro. Jake's Restaurant is also scheduled to open in January and will be the first of it's kind in the area. The restaurant will offer 100% organic items and a wide selection of wines. In Smyrna, Applebee's has announced plans for a location on Sam Ridley Parkway. In Lavergne, a new post office is under construction and a Taco Bell.

In addition to Applebee's, IHOP, First Tennessee Bank, and Marshall's will open in early 2008 at Colonial Promenade in Smyrna. An unknown gas station and the Veranda's, a 336 unit apartment complex will also open in early 2008 behind the Colonial Promenade. Near Wolverine Trail, Verizon Wireless will open. Near Lowe's, Buffalo Wild Wing's will open in early 2008. The 250,000 sq. ft. Shoppes at Sam Ridley will also open some time in 2008. Currently, it wil be anchored by J.C. Penny's. Other department stores and restaurants will be announced soon.

In addition to Applebee's, IHOP, First Tennessee Bank, and Marshall's will open in early 2008 at Colonial Promenade in Smyrna. An unknown gas station and the Veranda's, a 336 unit apartment complex will also open in early 2008 behind the Colonial Promenade. Near Wolverine Trail, Verizon Wireless will open. Near Lowe's, Buffalo Wild Wing's will open in early 2008. The 250,000 sq. ft. Shoppes at Sam Ridley will also open some time in 2008. Currently, it wil be anchored by J.C. Penny's. Other department stores and restaurants will be announced soon.

Thanks JHam...also...the Roxy and Malco theatres that were to be built a mile apart from one another will now be a joint venture between the two companies with just one 14 or 16 screen theatre, which makes alot more sense. The theatre will be in that huge quarry-like area below the Promenade behind Sonic. I can't wait!!

Archived