Rutherford County Projects

Justiceham

StoneCrest Medical Center in Smyrna is apparently expanding, again. Two reasons I think, well, one is the obvious: Meet the growing population of Smyrna and La Vergne, and also to compete with the impending large new MTMC complex in Murfreesboro. I'd watch for tomorrows issue of the DNJ for a probable article.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Justice...any news on what all will go in the quarried area below Kohl's in Smyrna? I know the new theatre is going there...do you know what else is slated? I see they've started pouring footers over close to the Sonic and the new apartments...I'm assuming the theatre will start soon.

I know we're supposed to get a Demos', IHOP and Applebees too...don't know when they will break ground.

Great to hear about Dippin Dots! Makes my mouth water thinking about it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The big-box annexation and rezoning on South Church St. has been approved by the City Council!

Does anyone have any doubts this will be anything other than a Wal-Mart?

The article in the DNJ says the developer is presenting it to several companies,

but obviously, Target, Costco, or any other "big-box" wouldn't have

the automotive center and salon aspect.

I just hope they do a great job with the aesthetics and stick to the planned look and feel given in the proposal (fountain, brick pavers, benches).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Parkway Place Development has submitted plans for a planned mixed use development on Joe B. Jackson Parkway. The development will be huge and be divided into 4 regions right off I-24. The first region will contain a mix of office, commercial, and retail space while regions two and three will feature several restaurants, banks, and potential condominiums. The fourth and last region will consist of industrial space as needed. Whole Foods and Borders Book Store were shown during the presentation as possible tenants to the development.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More new retail is expected in Smyrna's fast growing Sam Ridley corridor. J.C. Penny, T.J. Maxx, Best Buy, Books -A-Million, Cheddar's, several new hotels, and shops are all locating there. Other retailers and restaurants are also in the works and will be announced at a later date.

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

More new retail is expected in Smyrna's fast growing Sam Ridley corridor. J.C. Penny, T.J. Maxx, Best Buy, Books -A-Million, Cheddar's, several new hotels, and shops are all locating there. Other retailers and restaurants are also in the works and will be announced at a later date.

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Archived