Views of Little Rock/North Little Rock

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Main Street 1956, from a postcard. At that time most of the stores stayed open until 9:00 pm.

Looking south from 4th. The Cemter Theater is on the left.

ilrmainstreet1956night4fk.jpg

Seeing that big Haverty's sign reminds me of the jingle "Haverty's Makes it Home." That may be their old jingle, but I remember it!!

Very cool postcard photo!

• 4 weeks later...

Main Street 1956, from a postcard. At that time most of the stores stayed open until 9:00 pm.

Looking south from 4th. The Cemter Theater is on the left.

ilrmainstreet1956night4fk.jpg

The thing in this photo that stands out for me is the large Capital Pride sign atop the Walgreens Drug Store building at 5th and Main.

Do you know anything about this sign?

Capital Pride was a meat company which sold packaged meat, bacon, lunch meat etc. Driving down Main Street headed south you could see that sign from several blocks away. It seems like the Finkbeiner family owned Capital Pride but that may be wrong.

Capital Pride was a meat company which sold packaged meat, bacon, lunch meat etc. Driving down Main Street headed south you could see that sign from several blocks away. It seems like the Finkbeiner family owned Capital Pride but that may be wrong.

Its hard to forget Finkbeiner Meat Company, the inventor of the "cheese dog." Little Rock needs some hot dog stands selling the original cheese dogs as well as chedder cheese dogs, jack cheese dogs, as well as other cheese dogs. It could be called Fink's. How about a cheese corn dog?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived