Views of Little Rock/North Little Rock

• 1 year later...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent about five hours walking around and took a few hundred pictures on Wednesday while the snow was falling in Little Rock, and I thought I'd offer to share some of the better ones with you all. If you want to see a rare view of Little Rock covered in several inches of snow, sit back and kill a couple minutes watching the slide show. You'll have to click the "slow" speed if you want to read all the captions with the pictures.

The photos are a mix with a few from my cell phone and most from a Canon point and shoot digital camera. As a result, the quality is not gallery-level (I can't compete with Skirby with my equipment :P), but I hope you enjoy them.

Slideshow: http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/thewizard16/Little%20Rock%20Winter%202011/?albumview=slideshow

I spent about five hours walking around and took a few hundred pictures on Wednesday while the snow was falling in Little Rock, and I thought I'd offer to share some of the better ones with you all.

I enjoyed the show. Left the Rock little more the two year now. I was there in December to see family.

Thanks for your time!

I spent about five hours walking around and took a few hundred pictures on Wednesday while the snow was falling in Little Rock, and I thought I'd offer to share some of the better ones with you all. If you want to see a rare view of Little Rock covered in several inches of snow, sit back and kill a couple minutes watching the slide show. You'll have to click the "slow" speed if you want to read all the captions with the pictures.

The photos are a mix with a few from my cell phone and most from a Canon point and shoot digital camera. As a result, the quality is not gallery-level (I can't compete with Skirby with my equipment :P), but I hope you enjoy them.

Slideshow: http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/thewizard16/Little%20Rock%20Winter%202011/?albumview=slideshow

Very nice!

Very nice!

On a side note, I need help. I know I've read something about this building (the one on the left) on here, but can't remember the name or what it's current use is, and would appreciate someone reminding me:

IMG_3009.jpg?t=1297492424

It's a beautiful building with amazing windows, but there's no signage on it anywhere and the first floor is empty looking.

On a side note, I need help. I know I've read something about this building (the one on the left) on here, but can't remember the name or what it's current use is, and would appreciate someone reminding me:

It's a beautiful building with amazing windows, but there's no signage on it anywhere and the first floor is empty looking.

The building was Blass Department Store. After Blass and the Pfeifer Department Store were acquired by the Dillard company they were merged into Pfeifer-Blass. A few years later the combined store was renamed Dillards and moved to Park Plaza. Both downtown locations were closed. The Blass building was then acquired by First Arkansas Bankstock (FABCO) for its headquarters. FABCO was the holding company for Worthen Bank. Bank of America bought FABCO. The building has been vacant for years. Blass was the first building in Little Rock to have escalators.

The building was Blass Department Store. After Blass and the Pfeifer Department Store were acquired by the Dillard company they were merged into Pfeifer-Blass. A few years later the combined store was renamed Dillards and moved to Park Plaza. Both downtown locations were closed. The Blass building was then acquired by First Arkansas Bankstock (FABCO) for its headquarters. FABCO was the holding company for Worthen Bank. Bank of America bought FABCO. The building has been vacant for years. Blass was the first building in Little Rock to have escalators.

Nice photos. As for the quality of my pictures I use point and shoot cameras. When I'm walking around I don't want to bother with lenses and I like to be able to put a camera in my pocket.

Interesting. It looked as if it was in really good shape, and with the curtains in the windows and such, I thought it might have been converted to another use... Who owns it now? It just seems odd a building that nice, in what appears to be really good shape wouldn't have any signs indicating it was trying to be sold/leased/etc.

Nice photos. As for the quality of my pictures I use point and shoot cameras. When I'm walking around I don't want to bother with lenses and I like to be able to put a camera in my pocket.

Wow. What kind of point and shoot do you have then, because I may need to get that one?

• 2 months later...

Taken from Magnolia and 4th in NLR. Someday the vacant lots to the west of this photo will be developed and the utility poles will be removed. This would make a great spot for a mid-rise residential development. Only a few blocks from Verizon Arena, Main Street in Argenta, the River Rail and the river it also offers a great view.

dsc00448w.jpg

Archived