department stores in Puerto Rico

Hi, I would like to share with you guys some images of the different stores that we have here in Puerto Rico.

they are gonne look very familiar to you guys especially those of you in the USA. but believe me

this is Puerto Rico.

comer14ty.jpg

comer23pr.jpg

there are about 13 starbucks coffee in Puerto Rico

comer36dc.jpg

comer41wm.jpg

comer58yb.jpg

comer64em.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do I think about these type of developments.

well there is not much you can do about it, cause if the people go and buy in this places, they gonne open more and more, and is what is happening in Puerto Rico.

There are about 200 shopping Centers in the Island,

Plaza las Americas is the largest.

but there are other that followed, like

San Patricio PLaza

Plaza del Sol

Plaza Carolina

The belz factoty outlet

etc etc etc

so in order for these department stores to stop openning new ones in the island the people of the island would have to stop shopping in then.

I remember when they opened the first starbucks coffee in Condado, and know we have 13. the latest was opened at the international airport. so is the people fault for buying in these places.

the more the sale the more stablishment they gonne opened

Man it seems the American strip mall, mega chain stores invaded Puerto Rico too. It looks like it could be pretty much anywhere USA :( What do you think about these type of developments?

I think the American style suburban strip mall is just destroying the landscape (as it does everywhere else). In my opinion one of my biggest gripes is the massive parking lots that could be used for other things and perhaps better building designs. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man it seems the American strip mall, mega chain stores invaded Puerto Rico too. It looks like it could be pretty much anywhere USA :( What do you think about these type of developments?

Indeed, the flip side of all this "progress" is urban spawl. But people have to shop, they demand modern, convinient shopping venues. It's pretty much the same story for the rest of the U.S.A and the world. The only way to curb this over development is for local and state goverments revive traditional downtowns. Make them Tax Free zones, not only for the consumer, but for business owners as well. Develop free or low cost parking. There are many ways. Thankfully Puerto Rico is taking tentative steps in reviving downtowns, extending it's mass transit system and buying large tracts of open land to keep them out of developers hands to name a few.

Archived