Ben Wallace signs with Chicago

damus

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...&id=2508927

The deal is said to be for 4 years and $60,000,000. The Pistons offerred less than $50 million for his services over 4 years. Did Wallace sell out or did he really have personal problems with Flip Saunders as was rumored? I was really rooting for the Bulls, a team I loved since the Jordan era, to really come around with their young core and then the top draft picks and presumably next year coming from the Knicks. I've always hated Detroit and hate Ben Wallace. With Wallace being a one dimensional player, and aging, did the Bulls make the right decision?

The teams of local interest to me, the Celtics, Knicks, and Nets are a mixed bag. I was looking forward to the future of the Celtics, but they blew a chance at drafting Chris Paul and now they're looking to trade away pieces of their future for an aging, and over-rated, Allen Iverson. The Knicks suck. I might actually start rooting for the Nets now after they drafted Marcus Williams.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is what he is. A defense first guy. He is not worth all of that money but in crunch time I would want him on my squad because I know he will challenge shots and change a lot of shots. I actually thought the Lakers were going to make a run at him. They need help in the middle and Kobe would not have to worry about feedin the big man.....

Really all the athlete's aren't worth that kind of $money. But watch-out for the Chicago Bulls next season. They could be # 2 in the East behind the Heat. Ben Wallace is a rebounding machine that will really add to the toughness and Defense. Rookie draft pick Tyrus Thomas is a shot-blocking machine. Their inside game should compliment Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich outside game. They really had the Heat on the ropes and reelin'. I thought D Wade was about to knockout Gary Payton when all that mess was going-on.

Wallace isn't worth that kind of scratch. He looked bafoonish against the Heat.

i agree -- thats going to be awful contact at the backend of that deal, but the bulls will be a defensive powerhouse next year -- if they can only score enough points.

Archived