Lenox Neiman Marcus wing expansion

Abe2M12

I don't know the square footage size of the second floor Neiman Marcus wing expansion at Lenox Square, but it's obviuos that it will be able to fit at least four new stores. I would love to see retailers such as puma, Ted Baker, H&M, Forth & Towne, CH carolina herrara, and especially ZARA; all of which would be new to the Atlanta area. Brooks Brothers will obviously have to re-locate because it sits directly above the entrance to neiman marcus wing on the mall level, it's current location will be used as the upper floor entance to the nm wing. what other stores are out there that atlanta still doesn't have? floor map

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the square footage size of the second floor Neiman Marcus wing expansion at Lenox Square, but it's obviuos that it will be able to fit at least four new stores. I would love to see retailers such as puma, Ted Baker, H&M, Forth & Towne, CH carolina herrara, and especially ZARA; all of which would be new to the Atlanta area. Brooks Brothers will obviously have to re-locate because it sits directly above the entrance to neiman marcus wing on the mall level, it's current location will be used as the upper floor entance to the nm wing. what other stores are out there that atlanta still doesn't have? floor map

Alright, Chanel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brioni, Vilebrequin, Luigi Borrelli, Graff Jewelers and also I say Louis Vuitton should expand with a ready to wear section.

Alright, Chanel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brioni, Vilebrequin, Luigi Borrelli, Graff Jewelers and also I say Louis Vuitton should expand with a ready to wear section.

I dont' really have any suggestions, but I hope they bring stores that people can actually pronounce. :rofl:

I dont' really have any suggestions, but I hope they bring stores that people can actually pronounce. :rofl:

It's obvious you dont shop at neiman's, but those designers that i put are all sold at neiman's and saks anyway. Just kind of put them in for kicks and giggles to see if anyone knew what they were, but it is kind of like what was said over on the lenox/phipps thread our malls will soon be within the top 5 most upscale malls in the nation. Also i think puma would be great along with fila.

It's obvious you dont shop at neiman's, but those designers that i put are all sold at neiman's and saks anyway. Just kind of put them in for kicks and giggles to see if anyone knew what they were, but it is kind of like what was said over on the lenox/phipps thread our malls will soon be within the top 5 most upscale malls in the nation. Also i think puma would be great along with fila.

As a young man, it may be obvious that I don't do much shopping for clothing..PERIOD. However, to answer your question, no, I do not shop at Neiman's. My current income will not afford a store that calls $85 for a silk tie, a sale. On the other hand, one day I will be able to afford to shop at such stores, but please believe I'm the type that can walk into a low tier clothing store and come out as if my purchase was from a store on the caliber of Nieman's. :thumbsup:

As a young man, it may be obvious that I don't do much shopping for clothing..PERIOD. However, to answer your question, no, I do not shop at Neiman's. My current income will not afford a store that calls $85 for a silk tie, a sale. On the other hand, one day I will be able to afford to shop at such stores, but please believe I'm the type that can walk into a low tier clothing store and come out as if my purchase was from a store on the caliber of Nieman's. :thumbsup:

Don't feel bad, Hammett. As an old woman, I don't do much shopping for clothes either and can't recall ever buying anything at Neiman's.

by whose standards.................lenox is barely top 5 in the south, let alone the nation. you guys need to get over yourselves.

On the other hand, one day I will be able to afford to shop at such stores, but please believe I'm the type that can walk into a low tier clothing store and come out as if my purchase was from a store on the caliber of Nieman's. :thumbsup:

Go across the street to Feline's Basement and you can get some of the stuff that sells in Nieman's for a fraction of the price... though I still refuse to buy Hermes or Versace on principle.

Go across the street to Feline's Basement and you can get some of the stuff that sells in Nieman's for a fraction of the price... though I still refuse to buy Hermes or Versace on principle.

Most of those designer boutiques have terrible customer service so i probably will never shop at hermes ethier, their products are just over the top in price and style. Thanks for the tip on Feline's basement.

by whose standards.................lenox is barely top 5 in the south, let alone the nation. you guys need to get over yourselves.

I wouldn't go that far. It's in the top 5 in the south. Productivity wise, it's one of the most profitable malls in the nation.

Most of those designer boutiques have terrible customer service so i probably will never shop at hermes ethier, their products are just over the top in price and style. Thanks for the tip on Feline's basement.

Well, I don't know that the customer service is all that bad. I once had a clerk at Versace search for 20 minutes to find something under $100, just so that I could give my Versace-minded friend a gift. There are several other fun boutiques at Phipps and Lenox.

However, no matter what you think of the pricey shops and department stores, you can't completely discount the pride of ownership that comes with purchasing an item at an upscale merchandiser. Odds are that it's not only good quality but that only a few thousand people on the entire planet own the same thing.

Well, I don't know that the customer service is all that bad. I once had a clerk at Versace search for 20 minutes to find something under $100, just so that I could give my Versace-minded friend a gift. There are several other fun boutiques at Phipps and Lenox.

However, no matter what you think of the pricey shops and department stores, you can't completely discount the pride of ownership that comes with purchasing an item at an upscale merchandiser. Odds are that it's not only good quality but that only a few thousand people on the entire planet own the same thing.

I agree, Andrea. I love going to stores that put some imagination into their design and displays and take time to really edit their selection to what's cool or high-quality. I like a good bargain as much as anybody else, of course, but buying designer castoffs in a badly lighted warehouse simply because it's a "label for less" leaves me very cold. Shopping should be fun and uplifting, not just a grocery list of socially-acceptable nameplates bought on a "scramble table."

I agree, Andrea. I love going to stores that put some imagination into their design and displays and take time to really edit their selection to what's cool or high-quality. I like a good bargain as much as anybody else, of course, but buying designer castoffs in a badly lighted warehouse simply because it's a "label for less" leaves me very cold. Shopping should be fun and uplifting, not just a grocery list of socially-acceptable nameplates bought on a "scramble table."

Different people have different desires. I don't clothes shop for entertainment, I shop because I need clothes to wear. Imaginative displays where the ties are arranged to look like a jack-o-latern around Halloween does nothing for me. That doesn't mean that I have anything against people for whom that's a big deal, but for me, I just don't care. There is a wide range of choices between stores with ten carefully selected items and those that throw everything in a huge bin to be grabbed by whoever gets there first*. To suggest that not going to the high end stores automatically means that one is rushing to the "scramble table" to grab whatever they can get is a bit pretentious.

As far as brand names go, I've always been annoyed by "label whores". While buying a certain brand can guarantee a certain level of quality, it is difficult to deny that often the purpose of buying a particular brand is simply to impress others. It seems silly to pay extra for a brand when it isn't to purchase extra quality or service. For example, I buy almost all of my buttondown shirts for work at paulfredrick.com. I often get compliments on my clothing and people frequently ask if it is a particular brand, but they're always wrong. Paul Fredrick just isn't one of those names with snob appeal but the clothes are great quality and look good, which to me is much more important that having a particular crest under the pocket.

* There is a store in west Atlanta that sells clothes by the pound. I suspect that even the people shopping at Goodwill look down on that store, though it obviously fulfills a need in that neighborhood.

Speaking of Versace, more and more of their products are being sold on Overstock.com. I have to question how much longer they're going to be a marquee label when anyone can get them for cheap through an online liquidator. I would think they'd remove the labels and only sell them to Overstock if they promise to not reveal that they were originally Versace.

I also agree, displays create a special touch to the shopping experience that adds to the satisfaction of purchasing an item. However that depends on your feelings about shopping. I believe that there are two kinds of people in this world or at least in this country; those who like to shop and those who hate it. But whatever floats your boat, I'm just excited lenox is expanding.....again. I forgot to add that it would be awesome if Atlanta had a Paul Frank store and a Villebrequin although $150 for swimming trunks is way too much for a student like me. By the way congratulations to Saks for winning Outstanding merit in a department store for the 2006 NASFM retail design awards. NASFM

I also agree, displays create a special touch to the shopping experience that adds to the satisfaction of purchasing an item. However that depends on your feelings about shopping. I believe that there are two kinds of people in this world or at least in this country; those who like to shop and those who hate it. But whatever floats your boat, I'm just excited lenox is expanding.....again. I forgot to add that it would be awesome if Atlanta had a Paul Frank store and a Villebrequin although $150 for swimming trunks is way too much for a student like me. By the way congratulations to Saks for winning Outstanding merit in a department store for the 2006 NASFM retail design awards. NASFM

I can also appreciate imaginative designs and displays. That's why, on occasion, I will visit Lenox and Phipps and check them out before I run over to Filene's and buy that $120 shirt for $24.99.

I remember when Filene's basement first opened. I went in expecting great bargins on designer clothes. I saw this beautiful Dolce and Gabana skirt suit. I loved it because it was trendy yet not out there. Kind of like my style. It was positioned higher up on the wall so I had to have an agent bring it down for me. When I checked the tag, it was marked way way way down to a small $3200. I wonder what it actually retailed for. Filene's....while a basement, can have prices that are inline with regular upscale department stores. Maybe not the same brand but you can buy a new suit at Nordstrom for that much.

To suggest that not going to the high end stores automatically means that one is rushing to the "scramble table" to grab whatever they can get is a bit pretentious.
Nowhere in what I wrote did I suggest that creativity and good quality is only available at high-end stores. There are a lot of neat, inexpensive stores that I enjoy shopping at because they actually care about what they sell and not so much about how much it costs or who it will impress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Nowhere in what I wrote did I suggest that creativity and good quality is only available at high-end stores. There are a lot of neat, inexpensive stores that I enjoy shopping at because they actually care about what they sell and not so much about how much it costs or who it will impress.

Lenox Square is undergoing a massive makeover. Not only is Neiman Marcus expanding by taking up what was the Neiman Marcus court, but they are adding a second level, and the part of the mall formally known as Plaza Court that is four levels with a two level extention with a hallway that leads to the Lenox subway station is being completely redone with new floors, handrails, skylights, paint, and lighting to match the origional two level main mall, so now the entire mall will look the same and uniform. The three retailers lost to the expansion of Neiman Marcus, which by the way will become the largest Neiman Marcus outside of Dallas, are Cartier which located in the former Metropolitan Museum of Art space with a new flagship boutique, while the MMOA store relocated to Phipps Plaza, then the Sharper Image which also relocated to Phipps Plaza and finally Brosserie La Coze, which moved downtown under a new name in the new Ivan Allen Plaza. I can confirm all the new tenants so far as of May 10, 2007 which are locating a store or boutique in Lenox. Sony Style, PUMA, Miss Sixty/Energy, True Religion, Chanel, and Yves Saint Laurent. What do you feel would be a further good tenant lineup? Note: Today May 11, 2007 Lenox Square released a statement that Diesel, an Itlalian jeans fashion house will be locating in Lenox.

I would like to see Henri Bendel come in where Tower Records used to be. In the mall, I would like to see Scoop, Marc Jacob, Chaumet (alternative to Cartier), Zara (alternative to H&M), a high end watch dealer (would be cool to see Richard Mille models on display), and a frozen yogurt (Pinkberry) and a cupcake shop (think Sprinkles in LA).

Lenox Square is undergoing a massive makeover. Not only is Neiman Marcus expanding by taking up what was the Neiman Marcus court, but they are adding a second level, and the part of the mall formally known as Plaza Court that is four levels with a two level extention with a hallway that leads to the Lenox subway station is being completely redone with new floors, handrails, skylights, paint, and lighting to match the origional two level main mall, so now the entire mall will look the same and uniform. The three retailers lost to the expansion of Neiman Marcus, which by the way will become the largest Neiman Marcus outside of Dallas, are Cartier which located in the former Metropolitan Museum of Art space with a new flagship boutique, while the MMOA store relocated to Phipps Plaza, then the Sharper Image which also relocated to Phipps Plaza and finally Brosserie La Coze, which moved downtown under a new name in the new Ivan Allen Plaza. I can confirm all the new tenants so far as of May 10, 2007 which are locating a store or boutique in Lenox. Sony Style, PUMA, Miss Sixty/Energy, True Religion, Chanel, and Yves Saint Laurent. What do you feel would be a further good tenant lineup?

I would like to see Henri Bendel come in where Tower Records used to be. In the mall, I would like to see Scoop, Marc Jacob, Chaumet (alternative to Cartier), Zara (alternative to H&M), a high end watch dealer (would be cool to see Richard Mille models on display), and a frozen yogurt (Pinkberry) and a cupcake shop (think Sprinkles in LA).

I like the Hendri Bendel concept, ZARA, and like maybe Bvlgari for watches. The cupcake shop is a really neat idea also.

Archived