Lenox Neiman Marcus wing expansion

Abe2M12

I would also like to see the food court dissolved and turned into an indoor organic farmers market run by the local vendors. The eateries can spread out throughout the mall between shops and maybe Simon can restrict the number of fast food chains. Perhaps the mall can even have a retractable roof like some football stadiums and incorporate more outdoorsy-feel to the overall shopping experience.

Having said that, I don't think any of my "wants" will ever materialize.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would also like to see the food court dissolved and turned into an indoor organic farmers market run by the local vendors. The eateries can spread out throughout the mall between shops and maybe Simon can restrict the number of fast food chains. Perhaps the mall can even have a retractable roof like some football stadiums and incorporate more outdoorsy-feel to the overall shopping experience.

Having said that, I don't think any of my "wants" will ever materialize.

Hey, an urban farmers market, wow, I think that is a great idea, but the retratable roof would porbably be too expensive, but that is the best idea I have heard considering enclosed malls are fighting with outdoor lifestyle centers. That would make it a lifestyle center and a mall all in one. Great thinking!!!!

I'm not sure if these retailers are ready, but I think that these are ready for a home in Atlanta:

Emporio Armani

Tod's

Ermenegildo Zegna

Thomas Pink

Just my thoughts on what Atlanta should hopefully get in the next few years.

Lenox Square is undergoing a massive makeover. Not only is Neiman Marcus expanding by taking up what was the Neiman Marcus court, but they are adding a second level, and the part of the mall formally known as Plaza Court that is four levels with a two level extention with a hallway that leads to the Lenox subway station is being completely redone with new floors, handrails, skylights, paint, and lighting to match the origional two level main mall, so now the entire mall will look the same and uniform. The three retailers lost to the expansion of Neiman Marcus, which by the way will become the largest Neiman Marcus outside of Dallas, are Cartier which located in the former Metropolitan Museum of Art space with a new flagship boutique, while the MMOA store relocated to Phipps Plaza, then the Sharper Image which also relocated to Phipps Plaza and finally Brosserie La Coze, which moved downtown under a new name in the new Ivan Allen Plaza. I can confirm all the new tenants so far as of May 10, 2007 which are locating a store or boutique in Lenox. Sony Style, PUMA, Miss Sixty/Energy, True Religion, Chanel, and Yves Saint Laurent. What do you feel would be a further good tenant lineup?

• 1 month later...
Back to the subject, I can't tell you who I would want, but I can confirm who you will get. Simon has confirmed as of May 9, 2007 the following tenant roster: Sony Style, PUMA, True Religion, Miss Sixty/Energie (an Italian fashion house with a 60's flair) Chanel, and Yves Saint Laurent.

It has been learned that Sony Style and Miss Sixty/Energie have recently opened up at Lenox Square. Also True Religion and Diesel are under construction, and finally soon to be under construction are Calvin Klein's white label boutique and a Zara Boutique. These may not be what some of you might have had on your wish list, but it is not over yet. There is unleased space at the mall that is not on the first or new second level of the Neiman Marcus wing, so there will be more to come. But I think this is a good start, and especially the Zara Boutique, which will be the only boutique in the Southeast with the exception of locations in Florida. I personally think Atlanta has evolved long enough to support the reopening of Dolce & Gabanna, or at the very least a D&G Boutique. Also Bottega Veneta opened in Phipps Plaza in 1992, but the Atlanta market just wasn't mature enough yet to support it. I think Yves Saint Laurant, which by the way Bottega Veneta and YSL are owned by the Gucci Group, would be a nice addition. Chanel does some heavy sales in accessories and ready to wear at Saks and Neiman Marcus, so I feel Atlanta would be a good market for a Chanel Boutique. Also Giorgio Armani's Black Label Boutique has been very successfull, and I also feel Atlanta could support an Emporio Armani Boutique, which is the only bridge line by Armani not represented in Atlanta. Fendi, and Furla would be nice also as well as Christian Dior, which by the way Fendi and Dior are part of the LVMH group. Atlanta has a 8,000 sq ft Louis Vuitton Boutique, but unfortunatly they do not carry ready to wear, and the boutique within a store concept being Saks in this case only carries a limited selection of LV accessories. However Louis Vuitton had a press release indicating they were going to expand and open a second Lous Vuitton in Atlanta in 2008. How does anyone feel about the reopening of Dolce&Gabanna and Bottega Veneta, and do you think we could support Emporio Armani and a D&G boutique, Plus while I'm at it I'll throw in Dior, can Atlanta support it now, whereas in the early 1990's it couldn't?

• 1 month later...

atlanta has not lost cartier do to the expansion its still there there are signs up now for true religion diesel and zara will be opening up this friday all the tenants will be up by october and if you want H&M they have confirmed at atlantic station theres a coming soon sign on the website

Now do you really think that Jane Average is going to fight traffic around the mall, find a parking space, and walk the distance it takes to access that portion of the mall just to buy a few vegetables? Because people buy food about 3 times a week, their natural tendencies are to want quick access to fresh food supply outlets.

Your desire for a market like that is not unappreciated, though. It would be great to get a great butcher, seafood market, vegetable market, and baker all under one roof.

According to the Atlanta Journal, since Lenox is trying to appeal to the younger, more hip shopper, the marketing department did pretty well in obtaining Miss Sixty/Energie, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, True Religion, Zara, and Deisel, but I felt like they could have also gotten Custo Barcelona, and Emporio Armani. Maybe these two will locate in The Streets Of Buckhead instead, desiring a streetscape enviroment.

well there has been rumors that chanel and ysl are going up dont know how true it is but i really hope so but io believe that the streets of buckhead and the midtown mile are going to showcase our more highend stores but lenox os going thru major changes theres alot of space for more stores

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the new stores today. Everything looks nice. Some of the stores seem a little smaller than I thought they would be. Hopefully some flagship locations will open up in Midtown on the Mile.

And also, I didn't see chanel or YSL. I don't think there is any space for them anyway. They probably will open up on SOB in a couple of years.

I saw the new stores today. Everything looks nice. Some of the stores seem a little smaller than I thought they would be. Hopefully some flagship locations will open up in Midtown on the Mile.

And also, I didn't see chanel or YSL. I don't think there is any space for them anyway. They probably will open up on SOB in a couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived