Charlotte Chamber Skyline Contest

Neo

I found this is Doug Smith's latest article. Since we have so many wonderful city photographers of Charlotte on this board I felt it was appropriate for you all to know about the contest and maybe have a chance at $500!!

From Charlotte.com:

The Charlotte Chamber wants area photographers to take their best shot at the city's skyline during its annual skyline photo contest, which starts Sept. 2.

The grand prize winner gets $500.

Both amateurs and professionals can enter with either a 35 mm slide or transparency (no prints). Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Sept. 30.

Entries also must be accompanied by a registration form, available at the chamber, 330 S. Tryon St., or online at www.charlottechamber.com/skyline.

Contestants may deliver entries to the chamber offices or mail them to: Photo Contest, Charlotte Chamber; P.O. Box 32785; Charlotte, N.C. 28232.

The winning image will be unveiled in The Observer and will be used as the chamber's official skyline image of 2004.

Posters and signed, limited edition prints will be available. The chamber will retain all rights to the photo for two years.

For information, contact Gina Ostrea at (704) 378-1313.

Doug Smith

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey all, I'm still here. I've just been bombarded at work. I work in the mortgage industry, and a strange twist of events has caused my workflow to boom as of late. See, interest rates are going back up, but my company is 'honoring' older, lower rates while our competitors are adjusting to the new rates quicker. The result? A BOOM unlike anything my company has ever seen before. We are extremely understaffed in ALL of our departments to handle the number of loans in our 'pipeline' right now.

So, my department is offering all the overtime I can handle, along with tons of other incentives. BUT, to get these incentives, I need to work my ASS off. I basically have to do about 180% of my normal workload.

And that is why I seem to have disappeared from the forums. This boom won't last forever though, so you'll see me on more in the future. But for now, I gotta go (take a nap while I have some spare time).

:wacko:

Archived