Nashville Celebrates Independnce Day

urbanbna

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, i agree, i saw the mayor talking about how he would do anything to have the best and all this blah blah blah non-sense. he said "i dont always get to do what i want, and i dont always get to do what the people want me to do either. but i want to give nashville a great fireworks show"

it would only take 300,000 people to pay a dollar each, , it wasnt really to terribly much

About the original question, I don't know. I heard that it was the 3rd best display in the world. But they could just be saying that. And plus, I'm pretty sure the US is the only country to celebrate the fourth of July, so it's basically the same as saying the 3rd best in the country, but w/e. I don't know.

Although, I love fireworks for the beauty, shape, and color, we just witnessed $300,000 of YOURS AND MY tax dolars gone up in flame and smoke in 30 minutes.

Is it worth $300,000?

yep. It's pretty awesome! Consider it another feather in Nashville's hat

Although, I love fireworks for the beauty, shape, and color, we just witnessed $300,000 of YOURS AND MY tax dolars gone up in flame and smoke in 30 minutes.

Is it worth $300,000?

I wouldn't consider celebrating freedom and living in the greatest country in the world "tax dollars gone up in flame and smoke."

About the original question, I don't know. I heard that it was the 3rd best display in the world. But they could just be saying that. And plus, I'm pretty sure the US is the only country to celebrate the fourth of July, so it's basically the same as saying the 3rd best in the country, but w/e. I don't know.

FYI, I heard mayor do-little on TV welcoming all to Nashville for one of the top 3 fireworks displays in the nation. This is at the beginning of the GAC Music City Spectacular, just after the National Anthem. There are several more airings today/tomorrow and over the weekend. Nice national exposure, even if GAC only reaches 43 million households...

I agree with the other posters that it was well worth the money. It was essentially a two and a half hour prime time commercial for Nashville and they certainly sold me on it. There will be one more sweaty, sunburned, fat guy in the crowd next year. :thumbsup:

The amount I heard on channel 4 was 83,000 dollars. Are we sure the city pays for that or is it done through the sponsors such as GAC or the Chamber. As for the police and fire, it is expected for them to be there even if there are no fireworks at all just like they would be for Fanfare or any other event. That is what you pay taxes for. As for charging a dollar a person, it would never work. Do you charge people for being on a public bridge and public streets. How about people in restaurants, etc. Never would work.

I'm not sure how the money breaks down. There's probably some sponsorships as there have been in the past. As with the CMA MusicFest, yes, police, fire, and emergency protection is what we pay taxes for. This time, we're paying money to protect ourselves, our citizens. It's part of living in society.

I was there, and loved it as usual. Now, it's the day after, so I'll go back to paying for things I don't use like educating other people's kids, medical care for those who can't pay, food stamps for those who can't eat without them, police protection in neighborhoods I don't live in...and do so because it's just how we do things. I don't complain about it except when the systems are abused, but that's another matter. I also don't mind so much paying for a few fireworks and entertainment and sports venues, not to mention good parks and roads. Those things I do use.

Happy 5th!

Archived