East Jordan

ZachariahDaMan

While up north over the 4th of July weekend I was able to visit several towns for the first time including East Jordan, Charlevoix and Petoskey. Here are my pictures taken in East Jordan. There was very few people walking around downtown, that could be because it was 2 days before the 4th of July and it a decent amount of the stores were vacant. My girlfriend and her mom didn't seem to mind stopping here on the way to Charlevoix and Petoskey because they found a very cheap scrapbooking store.

map.gif

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0212.jpg

100_0213.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0217.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0219.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

100_0222.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ejiw.com/products2/manufacturing-facilities-56/

I would guess because the foundry has such a prominent location in town, may be part of the reason East Jordan's downtown is not as vibrant as other Up North tourist towns. They used to also have a large Lear or Dura Automotive facility, but I believe it shut down a few years ago.

They are also in Wyoming on Clyde Park between 44th and 54th. The East Jordan facility is the manufacturing plant and headquarters.

I'm an idiot for not remembering that. My freshman year of college I lived at Clyde Park and 44th...literally a stones throw from EJIW.

I grew up in Boyne City, just 15 miles from East Jordan. We'd always regret going to EJ when we were growing up, the Iron Works made the entire town smell bad. It is incredibly cleaned up now and doesn't smell, but the town definitly still has that 'dirty' reputation

And yes, basically every man-hole cover in the nation is from East Jordan Iron Works... I even saw one or two in the Virgin Islands from EJIW. Its kinda cool being so far from home and seeing a local product

Archived