Free Will Baptist approve sale of West End campus

smeagolsfree

The campus just of of West End may be no longer according to the CP. A developer is looking to by the property so the Free Will Baptist can build their new campus. The developer said that their would be no need for a zoning change, but I hope many of the older structures in the area stay. It would be a shame to see all the older homes and trees in that neighborhood go away.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=50770

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The campus just of of West End may be no longer according to the CP. A developer is looking to by the property so the Free Will Baptist can build their new campus. The developer said that their would be no need for a zoning change, but I hope many of the older structures in the area stay. It would be a shame to see all the older homes and trees in that neighborhood go away.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=50770

I could be wrong, but as a former resident of that neighborhood, I recall that most of this campus is subject to a Historic Conservation overlay that would generally prohibit demolition of contributing structures. (I am certain that there is an overlay that applies to the Richland/West End neighborhood; I just can't remember whether it encompasses all of the Free Will property. It may not include that portion of the campus fronting West End Ave.)

I manage usually to upset everyone but: We'll all be much better off without the Free Will Baptist anyway near West End! Joelton is much more their speed: Rednecky, backwoods, and a-god-fearin'!

Great job stereotyping! I love it when people think that all Christians are a bunch of ignorant fools that just came down off of some backwoods mountain in the smokies. Thanks for sharing your misinformed stereotypical opinion.

Great job stereotyping! I love it when people think that all Christians are a bunch of ignorant fools that just came down off of some backwoods mountain in the smokies. Thanks for sharing your misinformed stereotypical opinion.

You're quite welcome! And I stand by what I say!

I manage usually to upset everyone but: We'll all be much better off without the Free Will Baptist anyway near West End! Joelton is much more their speed: Rednecky, backwoods, and a-god-fearin'!

This comment is not needed. Period.

Archived