Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenstyle

half-bath off kitchen against code?

4 posts in this topic

I was taking a friend through our house, and we commented on the frequency of a half-bathroom located off the kitchen in Eastown four-squares, and how handy they are. He commented that such a feature is now "against building code" in newly-constructed houses, though he didn't know why. Can anyone enlighten?

I was taking a friend through our house, and we commented on the frequency of a half-bathroom located off the kitchen in Eastown four-squares, and how handy they are. He commented that such a feature is now "against building code" in newly-constructed houses, though he didn't know why. Can anyone enlighten?

Zen,

I designed a half bath off of the kitchen in our new construction on James Ave. No known issues that I'm aware of.

I just checked with our plumbing inspector and he said that it

Perhaps it's a certain way that they were implemented which caused problems? I dunno.