ABA Team Coming to Fayetteville

mcheiss

Well, it's a combination of different factors. Bad timing, for one, as everyone is way more interested in the UA football team. The "lack of other sports" is a pretty good point. Who wants to see Larry Satchell play in a high school gym when he'd be riding the pine down at Bud Walton this season? Mostly, though, it's just the crappiness of the league in general. I don't think other cities and venues will do much better.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Maybe we need to change the name of this topic since I'm pretty sure the team plays in Springdale and not Fayetteville. Weird news from the ABA. First of all I guess I hadn't realized that the RiverCatz ended up in Pine Bluff instead of Little Rock. But they had to leave because the place hosting them went out of operation Monday. So they are basically being absorbed into the Aeros team up here. Not sure if this is just for the season or a permanent move.

• 1 month later...

Looks like NWA and Arkansas is without an ABA team again. News is that they withdrew from the ABA but it sounds to me the team is basically gone. The team didn't like how the ABA were treating them. I believe they had the best record in the ABA at 25-2 and were on a 14 game winning streak. Then at the end of the regular season they suddenly dropped to 5th in the rankings. This meant they didn't get to have hardly any home games. Sounds like some 'politics' were involved to let some other teams move up in the rankings and get more home games. That really sucks, but I think we all knew the ABA is a joke of a league and this certainly confirms that. So one less minor league team in the metro.

Looks like NWA and Arkansas is without an ABA team again. News is that they withdrew from the ABA but it sounds to me the team is basically gone. The team didn't like how the ABA were treating them. I believe they had the best record in the ABA at 25-2 and were on a 14 game winning streak. Then at the end of the regular season they suddenly dropped to 5th in the rankings. This meant they didn't get to have hardly any home games. Sounds like some 'politics' were involved to let some other teams move up in the rankings and get more home games. That really sucks, but I think we all knew the ABA is a joke of a league and this certainly confirms that. So one less minor league team in the metro.

The only really legit league since the demise of the old CBA is the NBADL. I don't think NWA will be competitive for one of these franchises, nor want one.

Do you really want to pay money to see Olu Famotimi? Why not just go see the Hogs and you will see a couple probably future REAL NBAers every time they hit the court, especially against good SEC competition like Florida or Kentucky. The NBADL is generally a bunch of hacks that couldn't cut it.

I'd pay to see some NBADL games probably. If they are regional and include former Arkansas players I'd be out there to support them occasionally, but NOT in the All Sports Arena in Springdale. Watching Todd Day play in a high school gym does not give him any justice.

It's confusing though with all of the little leagues that spring up and I have no idea how they are related or if they are related.

we dont need these crappy pro teams in NWA!!! i dont understand the desire to have an ABA team, or the indoor football team here in NWA. we have the razorbacks, which is 10 times better than any of these crappy leagues. The U of A has first class facilities and athletes. The minor league baseball team is gonna be cool, because they are a legitamite league, not one of these fly by night teams. Does northwest arkansas really need the ABA? c'mon give me a break!!!!

we dont need these crappy pro teams in NWA!!! i dont understand the desire to have an ABA team, or the indoor football team here in NWA. we have the razorbacks, which is 10 times better than any of these crappy leagues. The U of A has first class facilities and athletes. The minor league baseball team is gonna be cool, because they are a legitamite league, not one of these fly by night teams. Does northwest arkansas really need the ABA? c'mon give me a break!!!!

Archived