Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GVPeto

New poster, long time lurker

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I've read the UP GR forums for quite a while now, and have been a poster on SSP since 2001. I finally decided to join the UP forums and share my thoughts.

I grew up in Eastown, on Lake Drive near Benjamin and Carlton, and currently am a senior at GVSU, living in Allendale.

I have always loved urban development and issues, and issues facing my hometown of Grand Rapids.

I hope I can add some good conversation to the boards.

Welcome aboard! I've found that this is truly a great place to post, the people are all friendly and knowledgeable, and it's fun. ^^ Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

I think that brings the SSP converts to 4 or so.

Which house on Lake Drive did you live in? I'm currently living on that same block!!!

Hello, I've read the UP GR forums for quite a while now, and have been a poster on SSP since 2001. I finally decided to join the UP forums and share my thoughts.

I grew up in Eastown, on Lake Drive near Benjamin and Carlton, and currently am a senior at GVSU, living in Allendale.

I have always loved urban development and issues, and issues facing my hometown of Grand Rapids.

I hope I can add some good conversation to the boards.

welcome new friend!!!

LOL, I'm not "convert", just trying to find an outlet where there are GR topics, as SSP has none.

Don I used to live at 1307.

I think that brings the SSP converts to 4 or so.

Add me to that count. I came here from a link on SSP. I lurked for a year or so before even getting a login name. I have visited SSP just a few times since finding UP.

Welcome, Pete, glad to see another old timer from the SSP come over. Always enjoyed your insight into GR stuff.

SkyScraperpage.com a general forum on skyscrapers, cities, urban etc... I believe a few of us UP - GR people got our start on that forum. It's dead now or it's probably on its last leg.

edit: Thanks mike

Welcome to our community here Peto, It's always good to see new victims.

Welcome GVPeto! I tried SSP for a couple of weeks, but there just wasn't a lot of coverage for GR that wasn't overshadowed by St. Louis vs. Kansas City pissing matches.

Welcome GVPeto! I tried SSP for a couple of weeks, but there just wasn't a lot of coverage for GR that wasn't overshadowed by St. Louis vs. Kansas City pissing matches.

:rofl: i don't think i could've said it better, but i started off there as well and its rare to see anything GR related... maybe because we're all here?

nonetheless, welcome aboard !!!