New poster, long time lurker

Hello, I've read the UP GR forums for quite a while now, and have been a poster on SSP since 2001. I finally decided to join the UP forums and share my thoughts.

I grew up in Eastown, on Lake Drive near Benjamin and Carlton, and currently am a senior at GVSU, living in Allendale.

I have always loved urban development and issues, and issues facing my hometown of Grand Rapids.

I hope I can add some good conversation to the boards.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I've read the UP GR forums for quite a while now, and have been a poster on SSP since 2001. I finally decided to join the UP forums and share my thoughts.

I grew up in Eastown, on Lake Drive near Benjamin and Carlton, and currently am a senior at GVSU, living in Allendale.

I have always loved urban development and issues, and issues facing my hometown of Grand Rapids.

I hope I can add some good conversation to the boards.

welcome new friend!!!

SkyScraperpage.com a general forum on skyscrapers, cities, urban etc... I believe a few of us UP - GR people got our start on that forum. It's dead now or it's probably on its last leg.

edit: Thanks mike

Welcome GVPeto! I tried SSP for a couple of weeks, but there just wasn't a lot of coverage for GR that wasn't overshadowed by St. Louis vs. Kansas City pissing matches.

:rofl: i don't think i could've said it better, but i started off there as well and its rare to see anything GR related... maybe because we're all here?

nonetheless, welcome aboard !!!

Archived