The Dickson

OnDickson

I had forgotten about the name. Thanks for the link too. :D

Gee whiz. I will really miss Mr. Tux and that great art store there (NOT!)

Honestly, tho, if we ever get all these condos built we will be overbuilt. These are nice small units, tho, and I think that end of the market could still be really strong for a while.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee whiz. I will really miss Mr. Tux and that great art store there (NOT!)

Honestly, tho, if we ever get all these condos built we will be overbuilt. These are nice small units, tho, and I think that end of the market could still be really strong for a while.

:lol: Yeah I can't believe that arts store back there is still open. I still wonder if all these projects will go forward. Or maybe we'll end up with some less than full condo buildings. I suppose they would eventually sell. Maybe someone will get some good deals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That place is one of the worst stores I have ever been in. They have nothing--and what they do have is all dirty and shopworn and crusty. Their framing costs three times as much as Hobby Lobby. It's a totally bizzare place that needs to go.

I haven't been in that hobby store in a few years so I really can't comment on some of your opinions about the shop but there is so little retail left on Dickson Street I would be more supportive of maintaining and approving what is available. I'd rather see some retail on Dickson than more condos or bars at that location. We need a balanced blend of businesses.

• 3 weeks later...

Things are still moving along with this project according to the Arkansas Business Journal. It looks like they might begin construction sometime next year. After the start of the Spring semester at the U of A. The developers are trying not to try up parking at the bookstore during the beginning of each semester. Hopefully it will get going over the next month or two.

Here is the brief article : The Dickson

Things are still moving along with this project according to the Arkansas Business Journal. It looks like they might begin construction sometime next year. After the start of the Spring semester at the U of A. The developers are trying not to try up parking at the bookstore during the beginning of each semester. Hopefully it will get going over the next month or two.

Here is the brief article : The Dickson

• 3 months later...

Archived