The Dickson

OnDickson

This development has been silent for quite a while. Anyone heard any updates on it? I imagine a number of developments are on hold while things seem to have slowed down. But I was wondering if it's possible if this development might have even been canceled.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't heard anything, but the developers, Haynes Ltd., are some of the smartest developers up here. They are behind MetroPark at Pinnacle Hills, for example. I would guess they are in no hurry to move forward yet on this given the market. They are strong enough to build this whenever the time is right, and when they do it, I have no doubt it will be first class.

Well at least there isn't any news of it being canceled then. I've asked this before in one of the other topics. But I was wondering, it sounds like eventually there will be a commercial historical district set up around Dickson St. I get the impression it's just a matter of time. What I'm not sure about is will it mainly affect older preexisting buildings or could it also affect future developments as well? Anyone know anything about this?

• 2 months later...

Finally an update on the Dickson and it is bad news as usual. The developers look to do a little remodeling of the building and that is about it for now. They are going to just lease it out for a while and wait until the market gets better before building any more condos. This was probably expected by most of us by the way things have been going lately. I am dissapointed because I really thought that this would be a great spot for higher density development and would provide more support to Dickson street businesses.

Here is more info from the Times: The Dickson

Finally an update on the Dickson and it is bad news as usual. The developers look to do a little remodeling of the building and that is about it for now. They are going to just lease it out for a while and wait until the market gets better before building any more condos. This was probably expected by most of us by the way things have been going lately. I am dissapointed because I really thought that this would be a great spot for higher density development and would provide more support to Dickson street businesses.

Here is more info from the Times: The Dickson

Yeah I agree, but unfortunately not surprising at all. Especially with another mixed-use condo development going up just across the street from it. I wonder exactly how the remodeling will work out. I wonder if the market eventually takes back off again if they'll consider trying to put something in that spot like the original 'Dickson' plans.

I'm glad he didn't go ahead and raze the building leaving a vacant lot or even digging a big hole like some developers have done. I thought the Dickson was a good project in a good location- hopefully we'll see it built after the housing market cycles back.

• 2 months later...
It looks like they are going to go ahead and remodel the former Mr Tux building. Then I guess they will just lease it out after that. I don't know if this means that plans for the Dickson are completely done or if they are just going to try and have some rent coming in until the market improves.

Yeah I had heard they were going to look into something else, for now at least. It makes sense, there probably just isn't the need for the project to go forward when there's still vacancies at the Legacy just a little walk away down the street. But like thewizard16 said, it is a good spot and I would also agree that we'll see some sort of development come along in the next several years.

Archived