High Schoolers on Urban Planet.

M. Brown

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't graduate until June 14? That's late compared to areound here. My graduation is June 2nd.

Unfortunately I am one of those 17 year old seniors...I don't turn 18 until July. So my parents still have to sign permission slips for me. Oh well, it's not like I go on any field trips anyway. The only field trip I will have taken in all of high school is the trip to Cedar Point, where I will take my physics final.

Our finals are 1/5 of the final grade.

Here's the thing...with the Cedar Point final you all go find a place in the park to meet up, do the final as a class, and then enjoy the rest of the day riding roller coasters :).

Concentrate? I won't need to do that....it's not like I actually understand physics. The teacher doesn't teach...if he did that might help. I have a B in the class, but that's only because he assigns tons of easy extra credit. I understand calculus and all kinds of other difficult subjects, but when it comes to physics I'm clueless.

Most of my friends I've been friends with for many years. None of them seem to have the same interests as me anymore though (if they ever did). That's why I spend so much time on sites like this. When I'm out with my buddies we're just drinking or whatever. They wouldn't know (or care) about something like urban planning.

Most of my friends I've been friends with for many years. None of them seem to have the same interests as me anymore though (if they ever did). That's why I spend so much time on sites like this. When I'm out with my buddies we're just drinking or whatever. They wouldn't know (or care) about something like urban planning.

Yep, I know how that is. I only know one other person at my school even remotely interested in urban planning. That's ok though, because if I did go out with friends a lot, I'd never have time to actually study, which would be bad because then I'd loose my college scholarship.

I still do umm things with my friends sometimes. Im not like I used to be. They dont care about anything about urban planning either. I dont mention it at school at all cuz I have to keep my rep going at school.

Rep? You have a rep as someone who doesn't care about urban planning?

Do HS Seniors still take a senior trip? We went on a cruise to Nassau, Bahamas in March of my senior year.

Not at my high school. But we're all work & no fun. Maybe some other schools do, but not any around here that I've heard of.

Yup. Our school just went to HI but I didnt go. You had to pay 2 grand to go so that was out. But im still going to Washington DC in May becuase im in the Marching Band and my high school was selected to march in the Washington DC parade in May. The only HS in NH. One HS from each state I believe, so I'm siked about that.

Everyone's goal is to graduate haha. I dont want to leave though cuz I still hang out with tha hommies.

I'm counting down the days until I can leave. 51 more days. I've got to start looking for a summer job...summer emplyoment for students is difficult to find, & now's the time to start looking. I need money for college so I dont end up drowning in student loan payments later on. LOL.

No, my scholarship is only full tuition for 4 years. That does not cover graduate school, room & board, supplies, etc. My scholarship will cover $50,000 of the costs, but I'll still have quite a bit to pick up on my own.

I'm going to Lawrence Tech, which is a small private college right outside of Detroit. They offer programs in engineering, interior design, architecture, business, etc. It has just over 5,000 students right now. The architecture program is the 5th largest in the country, although most people haven't even heard of the college. I'm majoring in architecture, so it'll take me the next 6 years to get through college.

The good news is that it's only about 15 minutes away from downtown Detroit, so I can take lots of pics in my free time :). Although I'm sure free time will be hard to come by...hopefully I can at least get downtown on weekends.

http://www.ltu.edu

Archived