High Schoolers on Urban Planet.

M. Brown

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally a minimum GPA of 2.5 (at least according to their website). It really depends on what program you want to go into. For instance, the architecture program has more demand, so you'd need probably need at least a 3.0. Unlike most colleges, they don't really use your ACT/SAT scores to determine if you you are admitted or not. The scores are only used to help place you in the right classes & to determine your eligibility for scholarships. And scholarships are a good thing, especially when it costs $21,000 per year to go there.

I actually thought about going to a community college first, & then transfering in somewhere, but since I got my scholarship that's not the cheapest route anymore. And I'm certainly not going to pay more money than I have to just so I can live at home two extra years. LOL.

Ya I could've gotten a football scholarship this year but I didnt play this year. It just got boring to play. I didnt feel like stayin after school till 6 anymore so I quit. I still play football wit my friends tho. So have to get student loans or something.

I'm a Junior in FL.  I can't believe other high schoolers give a crap about urban planning!  I thought I was the only one!  lol

Nope, you aren't the only one. I'm sure there are others out there too....if only we could find a way to make them come post on this forum. LOL.

Nope.

You said you don't mention urban planning because you have your rep to protect. Then I asked you if you have a rep as someone who doesn't care about urban planning, and you said "Nope". Why then don't you mention urban planning?

I don't talk about it around my friends because they could care less about it.

You said you don't mention urban planning because you have your rep to protect. Then I asked you if you have a rep as someone who doesn't care about urban planning, and you said "Nope". Why then don't you mention urban planning?

I don't talk about it around my friends because they could care less about it.

Well I guess you can say that I have that kind of rep at school. I just don't want anybody to know that this is my hobby. I just like to keep it secret I guess. And also nobody cares about it anyway. The last time I brought something up like that my friend said I was full of useless Information. :D He was just joking though but still. I just like to keep it to myself at school.

I guess its the same for everybody. Sometimes I cant help it when there is just the slightest hint about a city's size or somethin like that. All of a sudden I bust out with all this info on cities and this and that. Its funny cuz there like whoa Brown calm down. But for the most part im quiet about it.

Why does everyone feel like they have to keep their skyscraper/city foruming so secret? I've actually met some good friends at my school because of my visiting this forum during class. No wonder I never get any work done all day....I'm too busy reading the forum :)!

I guess its the same for everybody. Sometimes I cant help it when there is just the slightest hint about a city's size or somethin like that. All of a sudden I bust out with all this info on cities and this and that. Its funny cuz there like whoa Brown calm down. But for the most part im quiet about it.

LOL. I have building heights & city populations memorized. Now that is sad. I never tried to memorize them, but all I ever do in my spare time is read about city planning & architecture, so they just got driven into my brain over time.

Archived