High Schoolers on Urban Planet.

M. Brown

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like architecture, and there's not one development in my city that I don't know about! I like to draw plans and schematics for urban, street-friendly buildings. Wow, I have no life....

Dont feel bad. I draw freeway Intersections. My biggest one was 5 different freeways coming to one intersection. I still havent completed it. Its not that easy.

Holy Crap! I've done Freeways and Transit too! I've had some wacky designs, including 6-lane roundabouts! Try driving that! But I've made more realistic designs.

OH MAN...I thought I was the only teen in HS that did that. Now I dont feel so unique :)

Add me in to the list of geeks who have done such drawings before discovering these forums. :D I started off pretty much with highway maps (based loosely on Rand McNally) since I was 5 or 6, but in recent years I've diversified into zoning, transit, etc. and 3D maps with skyscrapers.

Hey guys, I just joined this forum. I found it by accident, but man, am I glad I found it! I've been looking for a place like this, because like many of you said, nobody else really talks about urban planning in high school. I am in my last year (hopefully) of high school in East Toronto, and I hope to attend the University of Waterloo (Ontario) next year for their planning program. If I don't get in there, I have applied for Urban Planning at Ryerson University (Toronto), Urban Studies at York University (Toronto) and Geography, also at Waterloo. Damn, this site is awesome!

Oh yeah, and Sim City 4 rocks.... seriously.

Haha...by the time we get more high schoolers I'll be in college. Oh well, I'll be too busy studying to spend much time here anyway. :( On the plus side, I'll be only 20 minutes away from downtown Detroit, & I'll finally be out of the house. :)

Archived