High Schoolers on Urban Planet.

M. Brown

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Im mostly at UrbanPlanet more than anything else. Just to let everyone know, im trying to get into Cincinnati Bible College which will be AWESOME. I will go to the tech for a few classes up here first but then I should be going to CINCINNATI!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You're so lucky! I'm hoping to get to D.C. & Chicago this summer. I doubt I'll get much father than that though. I'll be too busy making money for college to take a trip all the way across the country for a month like I usually do. :( Oh well, it means more time to go take pics of Detroit for the forum!

Im a high schooler too, Im 16 and we leave in a few months :D

I never really talk about this stuff at my school either. Ive talked to a few of my freinds about it, but theyre not really interested so I dont say much about urban planning or skyscrapers... :( The only thing people in England know about skyscrapers are that the WTC's where demolished through a terrorist attack.. And I find that quite sad really.. my freind saw a picture of London and was convinced it was NYC... So thats the general outlook on teens over here concerning this stuff.

As for my life, I have many many freinds at school, although I dont see many of them outside of school. I use to but one day I just stopped, I didnt feel like going out and that is what Im like now.. Im happy surfing the internet and looking at skyscrapers lol... If people want to call it ''no life'' then fine lol.

I dont have a problem with the life I lead :)

btw, I also know many of the skyscraper heights and city populations :lol: (but mainly English towns, and just the big american ones)

• 1 month later...

I am a high schooler as well. DPaulk and I attend the same high school in Jax. We will be seniors as of today when the current seniors graduate. When I came to the forum, I mentioned it to him to check out. We tend to discuss topics that occur on the forum at school.

Hey Students. I just now found the High Schooler thread, i'm a little slow. I hadn't posted anything in a while due to final exams, but now that school has been out for a while i've become a posting maniac. I also noticed that Wolfdawg (Lance) has posted on pretty much every topic here in the last couple of days, so i had to catch up. Before I go, i must flaunt my recent achievement, I am now an ACTIVIST!!! Well, time to go get a job. By The Way, how's the Haskell job coming Lance?

I got one more year. :(

Trust me, it goes by FAST. Senior year is so fun too, although it does feel good to be done with high school. Except now that I've graduated, I have to find a job. Let's just say that's easier said than done around here! I've applied to work at 37 stores or restaurants around town, and have yet to get a single call back from anybody.

Oh man Allan, I've just started the job search myself (but i've got 1 year left). I have been to about 8 or so places thus far. I hope it doesn't take 37 before i finally get one. Good luck to you though.

I've been to 47 places now...I'm getting very frustrated and annoyed. I've been looking for weeks, and haven't gotten anywhere. I'm running out of places to go. Even McDonald's isn't hiring (although I wouldn't work there anyways.)

Archived