MoveOn.org supports Senator Byrd

damus

I decided to go to moveon's website to read what they had about Ned Lamont, who they are supporting in the Democratic Primary in CT against Senator Lieberman, and I came across this:

last spring, Senator Byrd joined a MoveOn.org rally to make a passionate appeal against the Republican plan to seize total control of judicial nominations in the Senate. Sen. Obama says, "Robert Byrd understands just how sacred the Constitution of our country truly is and fights every day to protect it. In 2006, Senator Byrd will be the target of Republicans because he stands up for what he believes, and he needs our help."

How can anyone support this man and then turn around and point the finger at Strom Thurmond and Trent Lott for being racist. Not only is Byrd a former KKK member who fillibustered civil rights laws, he's the king of pork. A lot of blue staters complain that the red states take in more than they give, while the blue states take in less than they give in taxes. At the same time, they support Robert Byrd and consider him a great American. This guy is no good any way you look at it and the only times I ever enjoy his presence in the senate are the few times I decide to check C-Span to see if he's speaking, which is hillarious to watch. I hate partisan politics.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread serves no purpose but to push your own opinion on the matter and totally shut down discussion. It provides no positive addition to the discourse of UrbanPlanet and is closed.

Archived