Chattanooga Firm Chosen for Nashville and Knoxville Redesigns

flith

Kennedy, Coulter, Rushing, and Watson LLC will team with Hargreaves and Assoc from Massachusetts to provide urban planning for six miles of Nashville's waterfront. Both of these firms developed Chattanooga's 21st Century Waterfront plan, and they also are working on Knoxville's South Waterfront.

In Knoxville KCRW and Glatting Jackson (who redesigned Chattanooga' Riverfront Pkwy) will help with a redesign of the "strip", from Alcoa Highway to Henley Street, along the UTK campus.

KCRW president Jim Kennedy stated that these two projects shows that the firm is gaining a reputation outside of Chattanooga because of the work they have done in Chattanooga.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Knoxville KCRW and Glatting Jackson (who redesigned Chattanooga' Riverfront Pkwy) will help with a redesign of the "strip", from Alcoa Highway to Henley Street, along the UTK campus.

Thank gawd...I love UT's campus and Fort Sanders, but the strip is pretty lame right now. It needs a real makeover (and some of these damn fast food chains to move out...we need more local character!!!).

This will probably take place after I graduate, though. :(

Do you have a link to the Cumberland Ave renderings?

Kennedy, Coulter, Rushing, and Watson LLC will team with Hargreaves and Assoc from Massachusetts to provide urban planning for six miles of Nashville's waterfront. Both of these firms developed Chattanooga's 21st Century Waterfront plan, and they also are working on Knoxville's South Waterfront.

KCRW president Jim Kennedy stated that these two projects shows that the firm is gaining a reputation outside of Chattanooga because of the work they have done in Chattanooga.

I love what they designed and built for Chattanooga's waterfront. It has been a tremendous asset for the city and I Hope they can do the same for Nashville and Knoxville.

Thank gawd...I love UT's campus and Fort Sanders, but the strip is pretty lame right now. It needs a real makeover (and some of these damn fast food chains to move out...we need more local character!!!).

This will probably take place after I graduate, though. :(

Do you have a link to the Cumberland Ave renderings?

I agree the first time I saw the strip in 1996 I was disappointed after hearing about it so much. I think it needs a more urban feel and local businesses.

There are not any renderings that I'm aware of since they just selected the firms, this is the start of the process.

I agree the first time I saw the strip in 1996 I was disappointed after hearing about it so much. I think it needs a more urban feel and local businesses.

There are not any renderings that I'm aware of since they just selected the firms, this is the start of the process.

The biggest problem with the strip is rent...it costs businesses more to locate there than it does for them to locate in West Knoxville or the Old City. Factor in that the place is pretty much dead for the summer and it kills a lot of local joints. There are a few vacant lots right now, too.

The funny thing is that what seems to be thriving all around the area is off campus housing. In the past several years there have been a lot of apartments and condos built in the area.

Archived