Fastest Growing / Declining Cities In The U.S.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. A city in a desert area will probably have serious water shortage problems before a city near water. Lake Michigan is enormous for a lake, so Chicago should be set. And Houston is so close to the Gulf, they're set as well. I've never been to Phoenix, so I'm not familiar with any substantial lakes in that area!?

Well there are not any substantial natural lakes in the area but the Salt River project has created at least 6 manmade lakes (Apache, Roosevelt, Canyon, Sagaruo, Barlet and Pleasent) in the area by damming the salt and agua fria rivers. The last time i checked all of these were at least 75% full and there is also a decent water table underneath the city so despite the 10 year drought were still in pretty good shape especially when compared to the problems that Vegas is having.

Archived