CONFIRMED - New Hotel on West End

I have confirmed that a new Marriott Residence Inn will be replacing the current sorry looking Day's Inn on West End near the split with Broadway. The land has been aquired and the plans call for razing the Day's Inn (very non-historic structure) and replacing it with a mid-rise (9-10) stories, urban friendly (parking garage and brick w/street frontage) suite hotel. I have yet to see any renderings and the plans are to start in the next year or two. The structure will be a 'G' Model which is their most urban, upscale and largest new properties. I realize this is not a Intercontinential but all good things count in my book! :thumbsup:

My source is upper management with Marriott and personally signed the papers for the land.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info NB. I need to get busy and get the development map updated very soon.

My theory is that it will hurt the outlying hotels a little more than the DT hotels. When people come to Nashville, it seems as if they either want to stay DT or out by Opryland.

Maybe the hoteliers know a little more than we do about the chances of the new CC being built. It seems as if they are all either coming to town or expanding operations here.

Thanks Todd, great news. I'm just glad the Days Inn will bite the dust because if it stayed around another 100 years it might become some kind of historic landmark and then we'd never get rid of it. :blink:

Naah, in that case, its becoming a historic landmark would absolutely mean it'd have to come down. <_<

Thanks Todd, great news. I'm just glad the Days Inn will bite the dust because if it stayed around another 100 years it might become some kind of historic landmark and then we'd never get rid of it. :blink:

You crack me up man! :rofl: After reading all the "deadly" serious posts written on some of the threads today, a little humor is greatly appreciated.

I just had a scary thought. What if what you just wrote was really true?

cool beans on the Marriott, always try to stay at any of their brands when possible. I agree with your theory also smeagolsfree although it might diminish some of the occupancy for the lower-end DT hotels that are becoming "aged" (possibly the Holiday Inn Express and Best Western

I have confirmed that a new Marriott Residence Inn will be replacing the current sorry looking Day's Inn on West End near the split with Broadway. The land has been aquired and the plans call for razing the Day's Inn (very non-historic structure) and replacing it with a mid-rise (9-10) stories, urban friendly (parking garage and brick w/street frontage) suite hotel. I have yet to see any renderings and the plans are to start in the next year or two. The structure will be a 'G' Model which is their most urban, upscale and largest new properties. I realize this is not a Intercontinential but all good things count in my book! :thumbsup:

My source is upper management with Marriott and personally signed the papers for the land.

How many years and private investment is it going to take before METRO creates a new streetscape for that portion of West End? That area is a mess. When I worked in Nashville, I remember counting 7 or 8 different street light standards.

West End needs a fresh new look...something like Church Street minus the historic light standards. The street would look great with some contemporary lights....more street trees...and more places to sit.

cool beans on the Marriott, always try to stay at any of their brands when possible. I agree with your theory also smeagolsfree although it might diminish some of the occupancy for the lower-end DT hotels that are becoming "aged" (possibly the Holiday Inn Express and Best Western

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express back in January... its rooms and lobby are nice, but the building is showing some serious age and the parking garage under the thing is just plain scary... A new additon within the price range in the area might indeed place some heat on the older structures

Archived