Fedex Forum to host NCAA regionals

memphis born

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out this link Memphis business Journal

This is great for the city and should lead to Memphis hosting a final four

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories...ly24.html?jst=b :yahoo:

Final Four won't happen until we replace the Liberty Bowl with a retractable-roof stadium. We need at least 40K+ seats. We need to start on plans for that replacement pretty soon so when the time is ready we can get started on it. I don't know if there's space for something like that downtown, but if possible, that's where it must be.

Wow...this is a big deal. Memphis has been a first/second round site before, but never for the Regionals. They usually give those to major markets - places like Atlanta, Twin Cities, New York, etc.

Unfortunately, Clobber, you're right about the Final Four. They only give those to indoor stadiums now. I think that's unfortunate too. Those cavernous domes never have quite the same atmosphere as a traditional arena.

Wow...this is a big deal. Memphis has been a first/second round site before, but never for the Regionals. They usually give those to major markets - places like Atlanta, Twin Cities, New York, etc.

Unfortunately, Clobber, you're right about the Final Four. They only give those to indoor stadiums now. I think that's unfortunate too. Those cavernous domes never have quite the same atmosphere as a traditional arena.

I could've sworn we've been a regional before with the Pyramid, before they changed the geographic divisions into city-named regionals (which I still assert is ludicrous).

I could've sworn we've been a regional before with the Pyramid, before they changed the geographic divisions into city-named regionals (which I still assert is ludicrous).

I agree the city-named regional is ridiculous compared to the directional regionals (north, east, etc), but think of the publicity. It gives even more press and the announcers will say "Memphis" a lot more than the old way. This is huge for the city and gives us a chance to show off the countless great things Memphis has to offer.

I agree the city-named regional is ridiculous compared to the directional regionals (north, east, etc), but think of the publicity. It gives even more press and the announcers will say "Memphis" a lot more than the old way. This is huge for the city and gives us a chance to show off the countless great things Memphis has to offer.

I didn't think about that until now. Good point. Even during the 1st/2nd round games, which will be played in other cities, they'll be saying "so and so is in the Memphis Region" or "these games are being played in the Memphis region".

Archived