Thirteen 21 Lofts (formerly Vsion, the Dakota)

GaryJ

From what they had to work with, i like it. Simple but a big improvement.

In that area of with all the churches I don't think it would be right to be too bold. JMO

I totally agree. Remember, this project is pretty much right on the edge of the historic district in the eastern part of downtown.

It reminds me a bit of 1441 Main actually. The renderings do a great job with the reflections in the windows.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I am a little confused about the new Vsion Condos on Main Street. Are they renovating a current building or building a completely new one. If so does anyone know what intersection and the height? Their website didn't help me too much although it did give some nice renderings.

I see on their website that they say a furnished model/ sales office is opening at corner of Lady and Marion (the location of Vsion) in middle of April. I will be sure to go and take pics for everyone. I also heard this week a VERY high profile Columbia resident is combining 4 condos of the 8th fl of Vsion that totals over 3,500 sq ft+. I will try to find out who.

I see on their website that they say a furnished model/ sales office is opening at corner of Lady and Marion (the location of Vsion) in middle of April. I will be sure to go and take pics for everyone. I also heard this week a VERY high profile Columbia resident is combining 4 condos of the 8th fl of Vsion that totals over 3,500 sq ft+. I will try to find out who.

Hmmm, who could it be?

Unlikely to be Steve Spurrier since he already has a condo at Carolina Walk. Dave Odom and Ray Tanner do too.

Hmmm, here are some guesses:

Chief Justice Jean Toal since it's around the corner from her office at the Supreme Court

Mayor Bob; he needs the room since he has 5 kids

Alex English; maybe he's tired of living in Blythewood

Sterling Sharpe; for the same reason as Alex

Maybe me?! Oops, no, I couldn't afford it. :(

• 3 months later...

I have an update to pass along; I stopped by the Vsion condominium development in downtown Columbia at lunch today and it is to begin construction in September with completion in late Fall 2008. The current 8-story building will be completely gutted except for the steel and reinforced concrete and then have 2 additional floors added to it. Here are some renderings:

newoutside.jpg

Bar%20Area%20Night.jpg

loft%20close%20up.jpg

http://www.vsioncondos.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It was listed on CP's website yesterday, but the Vsion website didn't work. As of about a week ago, the sales office was still open onsite. I'll drive by this week and see if there's any news. It doesn't sound good, however. I'd be disappointed if this project died, but it does look like they're about to start on the renovation of the old main fire station.

I just emailed CP to see if Vsion has been scrapped. It wouldn't surprise me, with the state of the economy.

Archived