Blenheim Park

vdogg

No I hate him, I have met him in person and believe that man is the perfect example of an asshole. This is the same man that said Florida was going to get hit hard by hurricanes one year because of Disney World having National Gay Day there. Funny thing was, I thin even God hates him because that year the first hurricane of the season hit Hampton Roads and never came close to Florida.

I don't hate many people, as a matter of fact there is probably a list smaller than ten people I hate.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a quote from the original Nov 16th article that really stands out to me

The agency isn't sure that VDOT has explored other alternatives, including building a separate road that runs parallel to I-64 between Indian River and Greenbrier, similar to what was built on Interstate 264 near Newtown Road.

The federal agency also disputes VDOT's projection that traffic in the area will increase only 3 to 5 percent by 2028 without the Blenheim project. Federal planners estimate a 20 to 25 percent growth in traffic, and under those circumstances the new interchange would cause gridlock on I-64, Canavan said.

• 2 weeks later...

CBN's plans face major questions from two cities

The Christian Broadcasting Network's plan to build 500 acres of shops, offices and homes near Regent University is coming under increasing scrutiny from local leaders.

Last month, the Federal Highway Administration rejected CBN's current proposal to build an interchange off Interstate 64 that would direct traffic to the complex, tentatively called Blenheim.

Now, city officials from Virginia Beach and Chesapeake are questioning whether the project, which straddles the city line, is too ambitious and can deliver on the jobs, taxes and traffic solutions it promises.

• 4 months later...

Blenheim Park rejected again

Federal highway officials aren't backing off on their denial of an interchange that is crucial to broadcaster Pat Robertson's proposed development off Interstate 64. This second rejection by the Federal Highway Administration is likely to further push back plans for the 500-acre home, retail and office project, which has been called Blenheim.

Lowell Morse, a consultant for the Christian Broadcasting Network, said the organization is not giving up on its plans.

• 2 years later...

Description

The Village at Blenheim is part of a 500 acre planned mixed-used development located just off I-64 on the border of Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, Virginia. When completed , The Village -- the master development's primary retail component -- will house 1.2 million square feet of retail shops, restarants, hotels, and residential units located above retail shops.

Located on the border of Chesapeake and Virginia Beach Virginia, just off I-64

The Village at Blenheim PDF

This is absolutely huge guys. I see no parking lots :)

I LOVE IT!

When will Chesapeake/Virginia Beach stop clearing green lots and go back to the many brown lots? That has been my one gripe about town center, so many brown spots and it had to be built on the only green lot in Pembroke <_< The old HQ should have been the start in my opinion, and then extended over to the Bill's flea market before it should have developed at its current location.

When will Chesapeake/Virginia Beach stop clearing green lots and go back to the many brown lots? That has been my one gripe about town center, so many brown spots and it had to be built on the only green lot in Pembroke <_< The old HQ should have been the start in my opinion, and then extended over to the Bill's flea market before it should have developed at its current location.

Archived