Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MJLO

44 Monroe

27 posts in this topic

So as I was driving downtown, and I came accross the construction site for 44 Monroe,

at the corner of Monroe and 1st avenue. I'm going to have to go back to get some

pictures of the construction work going on. I am really impressed with the design. I

can't seem to find a picture of the design I can post on here. But if you google the

name of the project you can see an image.

So far I know it's:

33 floors,

and it's in the heart of downtown.

does anyone know how tall it's going to be, Joel?

I'll have some pics of it in the next couple of days.

Not that it relates, but I find it interesting that developers seem to use 4's a lot in their building names.

In Chinese cultures, 4 is considered an unlucky number because it's a homonym for the word for "death". Two 4's is especially unlucky.

I doubt that you'll ever see any Chinese people moving into these places.

lol, well I have little doubt that the people who designed and developed this building, are not Chinese.

Not that it relates, but I find it interesting that developers seem to use 4's a lot in their building names.

In Chinese cultures, 4 is considered an unlucky number because it's a homonym for the word for "death". Two 4's is especially unlucky.

I doubt that you'll ever see any Chinese people moving into these places.

Kind of funny considering they built the Chineese Cultural center on 44th St.

I really do love the look of that building. It is aboveground. I need go to get some pics of it. Keep a construction update going. Do we know how many feet tall it's going to be?

44 Monroe should be 411 ft in height and will have 34 stories.

Here are some newer pictures...

p62101425sc.jpg

p10100021zh.jpg

And a quick rendering of how Phoenix will look by the end of 2007...showing the Sheraton hotel, 44 Monroe, and Summit at Copper Square.

Phoenix8.jpg

I'm really excited for 44 monroe to get well under construction. I'm headed to the site tommorrow, maybe i'll have some photos!

Im excited for anything downtown. As much as I got sick of skyscrapers in nyc, it does add a nice touch when you are driving down the 202. Monroe should be about as tall as the US Bank Tower. Hopefully we willl see many more towers come together in the future.

I agree, I think that in New York there almost might be to many high rises. Whereas in Phoenix there are nowhere near enough.

Ok I got some pics of 44 monroe's construction progress. I apologize that they don't show to many dimensions of the building. I was a little rushed when I took these pics. Aside from that, on all the photos that I took, I found it hard to get good views. They keep people at a distance pretty well.

325330739_5f4ed4b685.jpg

325330735_dc63c9b7a0.jpg

325330729_92bccfde9c.jpg

325330725_dc22f65096.jpg

Here's a quick animation I put together showing construction from Dec 17 - Dec 20.

Monroe44.gif

Dude, thats cool. You should have one of the GR forumers do that for Riverhouse, as it begins to rise.

HX_Guy you always have the coolest stuff to share. You are an asset to this forum. I wish you'd show up more often :)

hey all,

if you have any construction updates can you post them in these threads here.

thanks

ok I took a few quick shots of 44 monroe and then my cam ran out of juice.

I'm pretty sure this is the tallest structure going up downtown right now. HX_Guy, am I mistaken?

406228707_6bb95e0063.jpg

406228708_236552cccd.jpg

406223813_f3852a2a99.jpg

Nice angles on those shots!

You're right, it will be the tallest at the moment. I believe without the crown, it should be around 370' and with the crown, around 411'.

413831703_7733d6a1de.jpg

I've been looking for renderings on all of these, just some of what I've been coming accross.

what?!? Glass already? We are not barely half way up and we have glass what's up with that? Are they testing something out?

A sneak peak of what's to come...the perspective is a little skewed, especially in the 2nd picture, but you get the idea. :D

MonroeTopped1.jpg

MonroeTopped2.jpg

MonroeTopped3.jpg

Very nice! There's so much going on in Downtown Phoenix.

Double post?

wow that's sweet for a second I was like damn whatare they doing a floor a day, then i realized it was photoshopped.