44 Monroe

MJLO

So as I was driving downtown, and I came accross the construction site for 44 Monroe,

at the corner of Monroe and 1st avenue. I'm going to have to go back to get some

pictures of the construction work going on. I am really impressed with the design. I

can't seem to find a picture of the design I can post on here. But if you google the

name of the project you can see an image.

So far I know it's:

33 floors,

and it's in the heart of downtown.

does anyone know how tall it's going to be, Joel?

I'll have some pics of it in the next couple of days.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it relates, but I find it interesting that developers seem to use 4's a lot in their building names.

In Chinese cultures, 4 is considered an unlucky number because it's a homonym for the word for "death". Two 4's is especially unlucky.

I doubt that you'll ever see any Chinese people moving into these places.

Not that it relates, but I find it interesting that developers seem to use 4's a lot in their building names.

In Chinese cultures, 4 is considered an unlucky number because it's a homonym for the word for "death". Two 4's is especially unlucky.

I doubt that you'll ever see any Chinese people moving into these places.

Kind of funny considering they built the Chineese Cultural center on 44th St.

• 2 weeks later...

Im excited for anything downtown. As much as I got sick of skyscrapers in nyc, it does add a nice touch when you are driving down the 202. Monroe should be about as tall as the US Bank Tower. Hopefully we willl see many more towers come together in the future.

• 4 months later...

Ok I got some pics of 44 monroe's construction progress. I apologize that they don't show to many dimensions of the building. I was a little rushed when I took these pics. Aside from that, on all the photos that I took, I found it hard to get good views. They keep people at a distance pretty well.

325330739_5f4ed4b685.jpg

325330735_dc63c9b7a0.jpg

325330729_92bccfde9c.jpg

325330725_dc22f65096.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived